“Lucky Find” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lucky Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were visiting Southampton with our grandsons and had no idea where to eat when we happened upon Casanova. Honestly I didn't hold out much hope; the exterior and interior are both rather dated in style, but as the boys were "starving" we went on in. The food and service could not have been better The boys had pizza and in their words, "this is the best pizza I have ever had" and believe me they know! I had the risotto and my other half had seafood linguine, both beautifully cooked. The wine was good and well priced and the staff charming. We have decided to journey back to Southampton asap for a grown up look at the city and will certainly go back to Casanova again.

• Visited September 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

A lovely restaurant with fantastic food. While the atmosphere is OK it could do better for more customers. Why it doesn't have more I don't know as everything else is top notch. I hope that it just wasn't a busy night, but I did gain in speedy service and fantastic customer service. Heartily recommended.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Interesting lunch break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've been to Casaniva yesterday with my boyfriend. We're both Italian so we didn't know if trust this place or not.. But we were gladly surprised! We got the lunch menu deal (pasta+garlic bread+soft drink for 6.90£) and it was delicious. It's hard to find a non-Italian chef that is able to make such a lovely, well cooked pasta. Most of the times I'm disappointed with the result bit not this one. The evening menu was interesting as well.
Recommend

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The place was quite but the service was great the staff couldn't be more helpful. The food they served was fantastic. I went with my sister who is a picky eater and she found the food great and would go back. It's a restaurant I highly recommend to anyone.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, attentive service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our first visit to Southampton and we had no idea where to dine, from across the road the restaurant looked really appealing, menu outside looked a bit pricey but we decided to give it a go anyway, we were not disappointed. There was something about the deco that made it look quite empty/sad/tired, still can't quite put my finger on it... the place was very clean though, and the tables neatly laid up.
The waitresses were really attentive and patient, we didn't have to wait long to have our orders taken, or for the food to get to the table. Portions were quite generous, and the mains came with veggies in a separate bowl; desserts were really good as well.
Well done Casanova!