“Indian Gem - Fantastic Service, Fantastic Food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Indian Gem - Fantastic Service, Fantastic Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

A wonderful little restaurant with a lovely happy and relaxing atmosphere.

The service was spot on, the staff were all really genuine and friendly. The chef even came out to say hello and to check that everything was well with our food.

The food was superb and we were treated to a few extra yummy things complimentary of the chef. It was lovely to have warm poppadum.

We would really recommend this restaurant, it's a real little gem in an unexpected place.

• Visited May 2013

Woolston, null, United Kingdom
“Best Curry in Southampton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The staff - awesome, the chef - awesome, the food - awesome, atmosphere and cleanliness - perfect! There is literally nothing to fault the Royal India on. I have been on 3 occasions and every visit has been as lovely as the next. I would highly recommend a visit for Indian cuisine lovers! We will definitely be returning for the food and friendly staff who are extremely accommodating and eager to please. It is really lovely to find a team so focused on the customer and their experience. 10/10!

• Visited March 2013
Southampton
“new name, same quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My Wife and I visited the restaurant for the first time since it changed it's name. We had an early meal (5.30) and just wanted a main course each. After we had ordered the waiter after about 10 minutes gave us a portion of onion bhajis on the house, which was very nice of them. The mains arrived and after a few minutes the Chef came out and asked if we were enjoying the food, as we were,. we said it was lovely. He went away but come back shortly with a side dish, also free . We told the waiter we had eaten there before several times and the food compared favourably with the last owners. Will certainly go back again

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“enjoyble experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

went with work collegues thoroughly enjoyed my food, liked deco, good service & very friendly atmosphere

• Visited February 2013
SOU
“Take away...a few hiccups but after care fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a take away from royal India on Saturday night at 7.35pm after having previous take always with fantastic food. I was told the delivery would be 40 minutes and £35 total. It got to 8.30pm and I called to find out where the take away was and was told it was just leaving the restaurant and they were sorry as had been very busy.
The food finally arrived at 8.50pm therefore 1hr and 15 minutes we had waiting so the driver accepted £30 rather than £35.

We sat down to eat the lovely looking food when I noticed my curry had not arrived and instead we had been sent a chicken biriani so the order too had been mixed up but as we were so hungry we ate it but were still disappointed.

The following day I received a call from royal India apologising that they forgot my curry (I hadn't called and told them) and also to apologise for the late delivery. In order to make it up to me they wanted to send me 2 curries, rice, naan and a side compliments of the restaurant and deliver it that evening at the time of my choice!!
I was astounded that they offered such fantastic customer service and they took the time to call me to follow up.

I will continue to buy take always from royal India, not only is the food lovely the staff care about their customers.