“Mind Blowing Day - Could be the start of a habit!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 Activities in Southampton
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Bath, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Mind Blowing Day - Could be the start of a habit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've had a few experience days, including a Lamborghini Murcielago and Ferarri 360 - This, hands down beats the lot!! My wife booked me on a Honda 150 Experience - 1hr on the water. It was booked a while ago, the voucher would have expired but Saber honored it as a pre-booking for this season, just the start of very good customer service! We arrived to a friendly face who guided us through the paperwork and handed out life jackets and waterproofs. Tim, our skipper (very professional), accompanied us to the boat and gave a quick safety brief. Once we were all aboard (in the very comfy seats!!) Tim drove us out and talked about the boat: A former Race boat, capable of 40mph, amazing handling, almost impossible to turn over and many more interesting facts. Tim also took the time to explain that it was our experience, to get the most out of, he explained that there were no limits and unlike many other experience days I've been on, we were to push the boat to the limits! Tim showed us what it was capable of (not too long, only about 2mins of the hour available), which was a good confidence boost, then it was our turn! I have driven a Porsche, motorbikes and now have a Lotus: This experience is incredible, and I mean VERY incredible!!! We drove it over the wakes of ships catching good air, flung it around buoys, chased other RIBS, it was everything it could ever have been and more!! At the end, we were all given a voucher with a healthy reduction on future sales - I've already dropped the first hint to my WONDERFUL WIFE!!!

This was great as a solo experience, also to groups of friends / work mates. As a manager, I'd even consider this as the start to a team building exercise, for the right team. I'd stress this is not just a blokey thing either, girls will have cracking fun too.

Eckington, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“What a brilliant day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a days power boating with Saber Powersports, with my future son in law and his work colleagues. What a fun and exciting day we had, plus the weather was brilliant. The safety briefings were really good and they will lend you a jacket and the all important life jacket. We had been informed that the usual lunch location was not available, so went out on the Solent and had a fantastic time travelling across the water at 50mph. We luckily ended up at Cowes on the Isle of Wight, which took no time at all to get to. But we didn't go there straight away anyway. We had a great meal at the Lifeboat pub, then back into the boats for some more fun and timed circuits. I reckon this was the best day out I have had for ages. Wear your sunglasses if sunny, it does get blowy in the front driving. Sitting in the back is a different experience, both of which I want to do again.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Thrills, Chills and no Spills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great experience with Saber (Honda Powerboat 150)
Welcoming and helpful staff, very well organised

Truly thrilling experience, but quite cold (my own fault really, as you can imagine doing circa 50mph, in an open vessel, in May in the UK was a bit chilly)

Glasses are I would say essential (especially when driving the boat) and Saber do recommend them on the literature you receive if you book through Red Letter days as I did, but otherwise you may not be aware

All in all a fantastic session, a real speed rush !!!

…..No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced…..

Reading, United Kingdom
“Saber Powersports Honda 150”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wow, what a great experience. Received warm welcome, great instructor (thanks Emily). Its exhilarating, very fast and not to be missed. I will be going back for more.......

Geoff

Rugby, England, United Kingdom
“Saber Powersports = Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A brilliant day out, hyper speeds in top class boats and very friendly staff to top the day off. A++++++

Visited March 2013