“Simply delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Simply delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just moved to Southampton and saw this restaurant reviewed on Trip Advisor so decided to check it out with my parents as our first Southampton meal - it was excellent! We have since had a takeaway and were equally as impressed! Delicious and great value for money! Hmmm... writing this has made me want to order again tonight!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“lovely restaurant had great experience on my 2nd visit too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a amazing time again at this super amazing indian restaurant feel very nice to have typical India food in uk. The food was super tasty. The ambience is also very warm. As I mentioned before the staff of the restaurant are also polite and helpful . For sure kohinoor of kerala is the best indian restaurant in Southampton. You visit this restaurant you will never get disappointed. Waiting to visit again.

“'THE BEST'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you want greatest food especially south indian then this is 'THE' place to eat. Food is great as made to individual taste, just say and the service of all the staff is superb. Particularly hospitable is, Abrahim. Chefs are wonderful and you just have to taste to know and believe what I mean. I have been there many times, on special occasions, when I got an even more special treatment and at other times with friends just for a meal and an outing to catch up. I recommend that do book as it is always jam packed and queued up but good luck though if you are still planning to turn up on the last minute as the guys there will put in there utmost to make space for you. My favorite is the Masala Dosa but the tikkas are very tasty too like every dish. Enjoy and keep penning if you agree with me.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, great service, fantastic little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Finding the restaurant through trip advisor, I was convinced by the great reviews the restaurant had received. Everything commented was more ygm true, I was amazed by the quality of food and service was very personal and combined with the deceiving location, tour definitely left astounded. A must visit, my bill for 2 came to £30... I would've paid £60

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Delicious and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Kohinoor of Kerala at the end of September with two friends and was surprised how busy this small restaurant in Portswood was, so very pleased that I booked in advance.

On arrival we were taken to our seats and told that the food is cooked freshly and therefore there could be a slight waiting time. This was fine as I don't like being rushed during my dining experience.

The menu was extensive and had lots of different cuisine including seafood dishes which very much appealed to me. However, I eventually chose a Chicken Bhuna which was delicious. One of my friends ordered the mixed grill and she said it was very good too.

Full marks on service and food for this restaurant and top marks to the manager who at the end of the evening remembered my name when I thanked them for such a great evening !

Will definitely go back here and try some more of their menu!

• Visited September 2013