“The true embodiment of Indian cuisine.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 644 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“The true embodiment of Indian cuisine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Perfect everytime whether you decide to eat inside the restaurant or order a takeaway, delivery times, service and the food are exceptional.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have been coming to this restaurant since it first opened, and now we bring our children who think The Bitterne Balti do the Best Chicken Tikka Masala not only in Southampton but the world.
My favorite is the Chicken Rejala with fresh green chillies. My husband likes to challenge the chef into making something off the menu, like,garlic, chilli chicken sag. Tastes great.
So many girls nights out here, even my hen night, and always but always, fantastic food, and friendly service.
So if you are looking for the mother of all curries, then look no further than this place.

• Visited November 2012
“Simply unbeatable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Excellent staff always polite and willing to help
Food is outstanding!!!! love eating in and the service for home deliveries surpasses any others
If you have never been to Bitterne Balti then this must be next on your to do list
I promise they won't let you down

“Fantastic curry restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The best curry house in Southampton. Very friendly and fantastic food. Always attentive and great relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommended...

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great food once again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited again last weekend and ate in. They managed to fit us in on a very, very busy Saturday night so we were really happy. I had one of my favourites, a chefs special, chicken and lamb ceylon (hot yet coconut-ty and thick) with mushroom rice and a stuffed paratha. If you haven't tried a paratha, it is less heavy than the the naans but a bit more tasty (stuffed with veg and cheese). It was delish as normal. My partner had a sizzling tikka dish (I think) it was also tasty and really looks the part coming out all sizzly. We also had the sag paneer which is really, really nice.

As ever, the beer is lovely- I prefer the Cobra- and the service was spot on. I was allowed to take what I couldn't finish home and I had it for Sundays breakfast!

I always struggle to choose when I come for a curry- my 3 favourites are the Pathia, Ceylon and Dhansak, all are fairly hot and go nicely with a peshwari naan (sweet, coconut filled naan). If I'm after something mild then the passanda is good but if you like Kormas, try the Murgha Charga- it's like a korma but made with almonds instead of coconut. It's also very, very tasty.

Generally, our visit was pretty outstanding once again. I've never had a bad meal here, be it take away or eat in. I really do recommend this place to everyone I know that likes curries!

• Visited October 2012