“West End Shows @ Mayflower, Southampton!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 159 things to do in Southampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Christchurch, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“West End Shows @ Mayflower, Southampton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This Grade II listed Theatre has enjoyed packed houses, due to its continuous coverage of touring West End shows, from the likes of Hairspray, Les Miserables, Starlight Express, Cats, Blood Brothers and a couple more pretty incredible shows yet to come!!
I remember the days when it was "The Gaumont" but since then it's gone on to improve its comfortable red cushioned seats, brilliant sound & lighting system, plus top end shows. The Beechdean ice cream is always most welcome during the interval and the staff are friendly & helpful.
Southampton is most fortunate to have this 2,300 seat stunning Theatre on its doorstep & I look forward to seeing their new foyer later this year!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“save last dance for me 25th march”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

went to opening night of save last night for me .a fantastic show.music dancing singing .a really talented cast .so pleased i went to see it.thinking of going again..

Gosport, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
“Save the Last Dance For Me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nine of us attended the opening night of the musical 'Save the Last Dance For Me'. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. If you enjoy the music of the early 60's, and Rock 'n' Roll classic's then go and see this show. Fast moving with plenty of singing and dancing. We all came away singing those song which have lasted all these years and you can remember the words. Great show don't miss it.

Gosport, United Kingdom
“Hairy idiots”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Here's what great friends, great cooks all with a great sense of fun and the ridiculous, thought of the show.

Well. Still in shock. What utter amateurish rubbish by two totally untalented inflated egos.

Still cannot quite believe it , must admit I did try to like it, as I thought I might be odd as I do not watch them on TV. However as hard as I tried I could not warm to them, they reminded me of a pair of dirty old men still trying out school boy toilet humour, what made it totally worse was the fact they were laughing and were creased up at their own stupid jokes that they must perform night after night. How weird is that!

Words fail me

Never mind the gang show is now going to look fabulous, IAs you say inflated egos, and I now think my 75 year old husband look great in his boxers.

Visited March 2013
“A chilly Madam Butterfly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to see WNO production of Madam Butterfly with my fiancée. The production was very good and acoustics very good in the stalls. Seats reasonably priced and comfy enough. However, to have to sit through the performance with our coats on in mid March is not good enough! This is not the first time we have had to sit through a performance in a chilly theatre. Come on Mayflower sort the heating out! In the meantime folks wrap up warm!