“Typical Nando's” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Dartford, England, United Kingdom
“Typical Nando's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It is what it is, like every other Nando's; nothing out of the ordinary. Food is as good as it normally is, timing is as fast as it usually is, cleanliness is as clean as it normally is.

To be honest if you like chicken, just come. Service has been good on the times I've been,

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

southampton
“absolutely let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

this is the 2nd time I had visited the restaurant with my daughters after going on a shopping spree.
There is always a queue for at least 30mins!

On the first visit we complained as food was cold and on this visit not only was food cold but after asking for it to be reheated they mixed up the chicken breasts and coated them in different sauces so that my daughter who had lemon chicken received the mediium peri peri sauce and I who had originally had medium peri peri then received lemon chicken!!!!! My grand daughter had asked for a corn on the cob and to be honest could have bbq'd one better myself - couldn't actually believe that the waitress would bring a blackened cob for a child!!!!! And then look surprised when we asked for a yellow one!!!!!

Things got even worse when the side orders arrived so hence to say We asked for our money back and the Manager tried to tempt us with a free meal next time to which I replied just give me a refund as there will NOT be a next time.
Would recommend this to no-one my advice stay away!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Over priced fast food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Since the name nandos has become so well known I decided to try it with my two children . I was so dissapointed . My son and I had a wrap and for £7 I've had just as nice sainsburys own for £3. It was small, cold, limp lettuce and the so called jam and yogurt was hard to find. I only had a wrap, my son had chips with his and my daughter a kids meal all very small. For just under £30 I wished we had gone to prezzo for a decent meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice food, average service, a slightly hyped up fast food joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Went along when the restaurant was fairly quiet so got a table straight away. You are given a menu and order and pay for your food at the til and collect your cutlery sauces yourself. Carbonated drinks on tap that you help yourself to. The food is delivered to your table. Our food arrived quickly and was tasty, the staff friendly enough. Prices abit much for a restaurant of this style in my opinion. But saying this, if I was in West Quay and wanted to eat I would go back. Think it could get fairly hectic in busy times.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Overhyped and Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

During a visit to West Quay shopping centre I decided to see what all the fuss what about Nando's as everyone always says how good it is. I don't see the big fuss about this place. It's cramped, you have to go and queue for your food like at school and the variety of food is so small they offer chicken mild, chicken hot or chicken extra hot.

I ordered a steak sandwich and my girlfriend ordered a chicken wrap. When the waitress delivered our food, that was all that was on the plate, no salad, garnish or anything else on the plate. My steak sandwich turned out to be a square burger in a bun. This meal cost me £18.50 and I was very disappointed in the whole experience and will never go back.

The staff are friendly but £18.50 for a chicken wrap and a burger would have cost less than a fiver in McDonalds, which is exactly what we did the next day and it was a much more enjoyable experience.

Overhyped and overpriced.