“Weekend in February 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Southampton

You added Hilton Southampton to your Saves list
Hilton Southampton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bracken Place | Chilworth, Southampton SO16 3RB, England   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
UK
“Weekend in February 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great choice at breakfast. Brilliant staff who go out of their way to help. Lots of food to choose from but meals and drinks pricey.
Clean,spacious rooms. Beddding brand new and super clean. Bed very, very comfortable. Hotel in good location, very close to Shirley and The Common. Hotel just off a dual carriage so some noise at the front of the hotel. Rooms overlooking the back of the hotel much quieter.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the back of the hotel much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthamptonTrip, General Manager at Hilton Southampton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton in February.

We are delighted to read of your comments about the hotel and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for taking your time to provide your comments. I hope I can look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Southampton in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at Hilton hotels all over the world. I would advise strongly giving this one a wide berth.

The front desk service was very rude. The staff were extremely distracted at dealing with me and three other people whilst i was checking in (this is not the first time). I say this all the time for hotels, check in sets the mood and check out makes the reputation. This hotel has neither.

The room is OK, the toiletries are very good. The food for the price is very very poor. A steak at £26.00 better be good, it wasn't, it was fatty and full of gristle.

This is an overpriced and incapable version of this franchise and very poor compared to other Hilton hotels i stay at in third world countries and the USA...

Unfortunately for you, this a place living off the brand and does not deliver the service, food or value for money one would expect for 4 and 5 star hotels. the only reason this hotel has its star rating is because it has a gym, I would give it a generous two, perhaps a three..

The Internet is £14.95 for 24 hours, this is utterly disgusting and a blatant leverage of the brand...you should be disgusted with yourselves for taking advantage of your customers.

I was also told i would be charged £3 for parking...

This is the last time i stay here after years of reliable custom...see you later Hilton, this was one rip off too far.

Shabby service, poor food for the price, rude staff...the whole place is well below Hilton standards!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton.

I am truly sorry to have learned of your disappointing experience with us, I fully empathise with the impact that such a dissatisfactory stay can make on your impression of Hilton overall. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.

I am also sorry to hear that you were disappointed with regards to our WiFi charges. Unfortunately, this is a set charge in Hilton Hotels, however, our Gold and Diamond HHonors Members benefit from free WiFi access guest rooms. A free WiFi connection is available to our guests and visitors in our lounge and lobby areas.

To address you comments regarding the car park charges, I would like to clarify that the implementation of this is to help us cover the cost of security in the form of; lighting, barrier maintenance and CCTV within the car park.

Thank you once again for your comments regarding your stay at Hilton Southampton, I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely sized rooms with lots of storage. Everything very clean. Comfortable bed with comfy pillows. Great power shower. Only downside in bathroom was the toilet roll holder kept falling off. Service was excellent. Fairly easy to find and close to southampton and attractions.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton, it is always a nice to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Northolt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Overnight stay Feb 2013
Good sized, Clean & comfortable rooms. Staff friendly & service very good at reception & in Bar
Breakfast service a bit slow & food not very hot but didn't spoil our stay. Would stay here again & recommend to others.
Nice & near to Southampton for shopping/night out

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthamptonTrip, General Manager at Hilton Southampton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed their your and found our restaurant and bar staff to be very friendly.

In regards to your comment about your breakfast experience, please feel assured that I have passed your observations on to my Food and Beverage Manager for investigation and remedial action as appropriate. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused

Thank you once again for taking your time to provide kind your comments, I hope I can look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Southampton soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here in January, arrived late so did not eat. Rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful! The lady on reception, did not pick up her name was really helpful and gave us directions that were spot on! We will be back in april!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthamptonTrip, General Manager at Hilton Southampton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in January at Hilton Southampton.

We are all delighted to read of your comments about the hotel and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we will look forward to welcoming you back to Southampton again in April!

Ashton-under-Lyne UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arrived Friday 15/02/13 and only stayed the one night, A little difficult to find if you havent been before as it's not in the city but about three miles out of the city centre and next to the M27, Very handy for the airport which is only a couple of miles away. Given a warm welcome by the reception staff and given room 202 on the second floor. The hotel is abit strange when it comes to finding your room as you go down a floor instead of up but it only took a couple of minutes to work it out. The rooms were nice and clean and had the usual tea and coffee making items. Big screen TV made it easy to watch with a good slection of channels and pay per view channels. We had a twin room and i have to say the beds were a little on the hard side. Food in the hotel was good and a couple of beers from the bar rounded the night off. All the staff were very chatty and made for a comfortuble stay. Well Done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SouthamptonTrip, General Manager at Hilton Southampton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton.

I am delighted to read your comments about the hotel and I am very pleased that my team made you feel comfortable helped you to relax and enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you once again for taking your time to provide your kind comments. I hope I can look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Southampton in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall this is a nice clean hotel with comfortable large rooms with all the extras and facilities you would expect from a Hilton. The hotel is very clean throughout and the lobby area is particularly nice environment. Heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room that can be used for free during your staff which is very good. Only down side of the swimming pool is there are no chairs to sit around the pool!

Restaurant is very nice although we were told kitchen closed at 10pm, yet when we arrived at 9.45pm and the restaurant was already closing up. Ended up eating in the bar area but still got food from the restaurant after speaking with someone.

We also purchased a breakfast voucher from reception when arriving for £10 per person. The buffet breakfast was excellent, containing a good selection hot and cold food and worth it if you simply want to wake up eat and hit the road. If you want to eat breakfast make sure you buy the voucher from reception or else its £18 per person, which seems over priced.

Two things were particularly annoying about this hotel:
1) Car park is charged at £3 per room per night which is a con. To be honest given the awkward location of the hotel I can not imagine many guests arriving on foot, so why not just include this in the price of the stay.
2) Three dead fish floating in the lobby aquarium. Clearly these had been in here for some time as one was half eaten and mouldy. We told the chap on reception who replied in a 'don't care attitude' its been noted. They remained there throughout our stay at the hotel, I wonder if they ever got removed or if they were left to rot away?

Overall this was a very nice hotel but we felt it was let down by little annoying things that you do not expect from any Hilton. I have stayed in other Hilton's over the years and this just had something missing about it. Not sure I would stay here again when other hotel chains offer some very good alternatives in the nearby area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthamptonTrip, General Manager at Hilton Southampton, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Southampton.

We were pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, however, I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards to our car parking charges. I would like to clarify that the implementation of this is to help us cover the cost of security in the form of; lighting, barrier maintenance and CCTV within the car park. This charge also helps to prevent outside cars from parking in our car park, ensuring that there is adequate parking for our guests.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Southampton? Share your experiences!