“Average ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Southampton Centre

You added Ibis Southampton Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Southampton Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 West Quay Road | Western Esplanade, Southampton SO15 1RA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Average ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very clean functional room overlooking car park double glazing kept out the noise Noisy air conditioning had to move rooms staff very helpful and pleasant .The breakfast was average other Ibis provided better breakfasts evening meal of a good standard and good value for money recommend the Risotto

Stayed July 2014
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear shirley v,

Thank you for taking your time to post you comments, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Mikhail Myasin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and payed £165 and I thought it was going to be worth it for that price. I was mistaken the room was filthy, dust on everything wiped the side and dust fell off my hand. The tea and coffee they give you is average but they only give you 3 white and 2 black augers, 4 milks for 2 tea bags and 4 coffees so it's not enough and the kettle and all the tea and coffee is in the wrong side as the socket is the other side of the room. The layout of the room was well stupid the shelves were right next to the hangers so you couldn't even get to them so whoever designed the rooms is well stupid. The air conditioner was rubbish didn't even work just made a noise all the time. The fire alarm when toff at 7am and woke me and my partner up and we wasn't impressed and they were testing it at that time was not on. Overall I wouldn't ever stay there again not recommended at all.

• Stayed July 2014
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Jakers12345,

Thanky ou for taking your time to comment on your recent stay. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and that you were dissapointed with your stay. Please rest assured that we have taken note of your comments.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very good budget range hotel. Rooms were clean and tidy with good quality beds and linens. Central location, handy for shops, port and railway station. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and well cooked. An even greater surprise was the very hot plates - sounds strange but I hate having to put hot food on a freezing cold plate and have even had to ask for a hot plate at far more expensive hotel!
All staff were friendly and courteous and would definitely stay at the Ibis again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear dcticker,

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here midweek for two nights with my elderly Mum. Room was cosy but adequate. Very clean. Staff extremely helpful. This hotel is located opposite a huge shopping mall in the centre of Southampton and a 5 min walk from the Station.
Tea and Coffee provided in the room and free wireless which worked well. Breakfast was adequate and I would definitely recommend this budget hotel as a base for exploring Southampton. I shall defiantly go back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Barbara A,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I am happy that our team were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the future..

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Il start by saying the location is good, close to large shopping centre / retail park and ideal if you are set to catch a ferry however in this hotel the negatives out way the positives.

Beds are SO uncomfortable and the rooms are really warm! Neither me or my partner slept a wink!

The rooms are really small and basic, there is nowhere to put your clothes or suitcase, now I realise at £49 a night they aren't going to be fantastic but you at least expect a good night sleep!

There was only 1 lady on reception and she was also working the bar and making sandwiches in the kitchen also!

There is a Ibis budget hotel across the road I can't possibly imagine what makes this hotel any different to a budget 1, it can't get any more budget!!!

I'd pay the extra and stay at a premier inn.

Dear Jenniferd1489,

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we have taken note of your comments. Rest assured these will be addressed accordingly.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Spent 2 nights here as we were attending the Let's Rock Southampton festival. Very short walk from train station and about 10-15 minutes into town for bars and restaurants etc. No negatives, all good and would definitely use this hotel again.

Dear SamanthaNeild,

I am grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked 4 rooms here by phone through the accor call centre, it was just for 1 night as we were sailing on a celebrity cruise the following morning. The agent informed me the hotel was a beautiful 3 star hotel, I had read the reviews and assumed the hotel was going through a refurbishment. I cant say I was disappointed, more disappointed that I was miss led by the call centre agent when booking. It was not by any standards 3 star.
To be fair the ibis was as I expected for a hotel in that chain, I have stayed in other accor hotels of various grades and they deliver what they say.
The welcome from the staff was so jolly and genuine, helpful and efficient. The lobby area was open plan with a comfortable feel.
The rooms were basic but this is the standard, they were clean, a decent size, and although I would say needed a little TLC,. Breakfast was a very confusing set up, not enough space for the amount of guests the hotel holds.We enjoyed our stay and would consider booking this hotel again on future Southampton visits.
In all, it is what it is and there would be no reason not to stay here.
Oh, the beds were sooooooooooooo comfortable, we all had a great sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear LancashirePaul,

Mikhail Myasin

Been to Ibis Southampton Centre? Share your experiences!