“So glad B&B I had used in the past was full and they recommended Mayfair” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mayfair Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
The Mayfair Guest House
You added The Mayfair Guest House to your Saves list
11 Landguard Road, Southampton SO15 5DL, England   |
Ranked #1 of 40 Southampton B&B and Inns
Singapore
“So glad B&B I had used in the past was full and they recommended Mayfair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Mayfair Guest House when visiting Southampton for the 91st birthday of my cousin. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Mark is wonderful host; his friendliness is in no way affected and he has the "X factor" in service quality. His genuinely warm welcome and assistance with our luggage on our arrival; topped off with a delightful cup of tea and a chat was the start of a great two day stay and we couldn't have asked for more. I was travelling with a friend; we had separate rooms and I speak for both of us when I say we were more than delighted with our rooms. They lacked nothing and the furnishings/decor made for a very homely environment. To be honest the entire property is homely and for me it was like staying in the home of a friend and not a B&B. The breakfast menu gave one a varied choice, was cooked to order and Mark does the perfect "sunny side up" egg. I know, I'm a fuss-pot on this count! The guest house is conveniently situated and Mark was very helpful with information on things to do, sites to see and restaurants to patronize. I will definitely stay there when I am next in Southampton and would not hesitate to recommend the The Mayfair to anyone going to Southampton. Many thanks Mark. Bruce

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Expecting British hospitality and was not disappointed at all. Everything was spotless and the breakfasts everyday were wonderful. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly which makes your stay all the more enjoyable. The push button showers were unique and not expected in a traditional English B & B. We arrived early in the morning and were met by Julia the houskeeper with a wonderful cup of coffee or tea which was very relaxing after our long flight. Even though we were early, our room was ready to our amazement. Centrally located to the town center, a 15 minute walk and only a 10 minute walk to the train station. I would stay again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Loved the "en suite" bathroom!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Welcomed with a cup of tea, room and bathroom spotless, wi-fi for work and a great breakfast from 7am onwards; perfect for an early start. In Southampton for work and will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my son who's at uni in southampton. It was a perfect choice. A warm welcome awaited me from Mark and my bedroom was lovely and very well equipped. It is only about a 15 minute walk into the city centre and 10 minutes to the train station. Although the b&b was full, when I was in my room it was incredibly quiet. The breakfast menu was varied and cooked to order. Mark even cooked for my sons who came to join me. I will definitely be staying again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Devon, united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband, my son & I recently stayed at the Mayfair for one night whilst visiting our other son who is studying at a Maritime College near by. Upon our arrival we were made to feel very welcome, and that cup of tea was much appreciated ,THANK YOU !!!, in addition Mark was very informative regarding places to visit and eat within Southampton, we also found him to be very approachable and easy to talk to. We stayed in room 8, a family room with en-suite, this room was very spacious, lovely decor, well equipped and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice & the sausages were yummy!!! ,this was served in a pleasant dining room. we only used the communal lounge on our arrival, but this is also a very pleasant room, retaining many of the house's original features. We had a great stay in this lovely guest house, which is within easy reach of the theatre ,restaurants and walking distance to Southampton city centre. If we are visiting Southampton we will defiantly stay here again, and we will certainly recommend the Mayfair to family and friends if they are looking for somewhere to stay whilst visiting Southampton. Thanks once again for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A fantastic B&B, a clean bedroom with a well equipped shower room. We were warmly welcomed and given our key so we could come and go as we pleased. I had just finished nights and so thought it would be rude to arrive at the B&B too early but was told to come at any time! i felt at home instantly! Very comfy bed. Breakfast was great (had a lie-in on Sunday morning but a fantastic continental breakfast). We hope to stay here again soon. Southampton has great shopping and lots of lovely pubs :-) a short walk into the town centre.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed over for one night and the hotel was almost fully booked, despite this it was very quiet. On the down side there were two of us and we only had one key and the breakfast could have had a bigger variety. All in all the staff/proprietor were very friendly and helpful and the room was massive and extremely comfortable. Much better than I expected for the price! We'll definitely be going back there!

• Stayed October 2012
Mayfair999, Owner at The Mayfair Guest House, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I am sorry that you felt breakfast was not very varied but we were away at this time so were only able to offer a continental breakfast which all of our guests knew in advance. Ordinarily, we offer a comprehensive english breakfast, a fish dish,omelette choice in addition to fruit, cereal and yoghurts. It is standard that we give out one key as most guests stay together but a second key is always available should guests request it. I hope this did not dampen your stay too much and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to The Mayfair Guest House? Share your experiences!