“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Mayview Guest House
and 1 more site!
You added Mayview Guest House to your Saves list
Mayview Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   30 The Polygon, Southampton SO15 2BN, England   |
Ranked #28 of 40 Southampton B&B and Inns
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

me and my mate have stayed here twice and have just booked up again to stay for the weekend the lady is a sweetheart and took care of us very well indeed so i would recommend this b&b to anyone looking for a friendly place to stay in fact i am taking 7 more of my friends this time :)
defo will stay here time and time again :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had to stay in this b&b couple of nights, if you have to stay, then is ok. But it is not a place to enjoy your stay in Southampton.
Already the surrounding on the street is full of rubbish bags and mess, the entrance shows low budget accommodation, and inside is the same.
Strange smell is going through the house, doors of the shared bathroom and rooms are sticky, dirty, broken and without proper doorhandle. (and not only the door - atleast of our room and shared bethroom). In the bathroom are spider nets and dead flies. Furniture - 80style.

The lady on arrival was friendly. She straight asked us to come earlier for breakfast the next morning, as an exception and the next day will be as usual. AS USUAL is, according to the information list hanging on the door of the room, breakfast in weekdays is between 7 - 8:15am. First day we came earlier on her request, but the day after she didnt want to serve us the breakfast as she said "BREAKFAST IS OVER, HERE IS BREAKFAST ONLY BETWEEN 7 - 8am". That she doesn´t care what is written in our room she is making breakfast till 8am. So finally we didn´t get the breakfast as she said she does not have time for us! This is not the way how one should act towards the guests if the guest is paying and the price is including some service or meal!!!!

The cleaning lady didn´t even change the towel which was lying on the floor.

I was reading the previous reviews and I am a bit surprised about that, but of course, most of the reviews are written by someone who has just one review (mayview guest house). ???

We dont like and dont want to stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
T O, Owner at Mayview Guest House, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We expect reviews to give an honest account of the guests experience as well as any discussions that took place.
We also expect guests to extend simple basic courtesy to our staff and respect the house rules.
Contrary to what has been said,these guests did not give the manager the opportunity to explain her position and offer them an alternative to the cooked breakfast they had missed. They were very abusive and insulting to her. Their negative comments as is common with most others stem from a desire to damage the reputation and hard work of small businesses who do not tolerate unacceptable behaviour from customers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

went the 2nd time and still cant wait to go again in october nd when ever me and my friend goes will always book lady is lovely breakfast room was packed so she kindly brought breakfast to our room which we perferd :) clean as ever polite as always we always recomend as 1 of the better bnbs in the road

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice guesthouse, decent, clean and well sized room a, close to town centre and rail station, Very good breakfast and friendly lady who took care of me.Beeing from abroad she helped me with all the info I need it. You get all you pay for and more. I recommend it to everybody

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

On arrival we was told to pay up £25 extra, when the price of £75 for a family room was agreed and after confirming the room two days before we arrived, why didn't the manager call me in advance to let me know the price change (she had my contact details). I specifically told her who was staying in the room so she should of had the decency to call me!!!. In total I had to pay £100 up front for myself, husband, my 4 month old, my 1.5yrs old and my 13yrs old niece. It was a shock but after a long busy day at the theme park, a long way from home, and with little ones we had no choice but to pay and stay for one night only, and thank god it was for only one night!!! £100 for this B&B was not worth it and the "Full English Breakfast" was horrible (I could of cooked it better). If only we knew of the price change then we wouldn't of stayed here!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had to attend a course for two weeks and I decided to book the Mayview. It was a great decision, as I was 10-15 minutes walking distance to all the important things in Southampton. The rail station, the bus station, the museum, the city centre, the library. Everything was right there. There is a very nice lady working there always willing to give you any information you want and always taking care of your needs 24/7. The showers and the toilets are perfectly clean, hot water all the time, tv. wifi. everything working more than excelent.
Great job, Mayview! Keep it going and maybe see you soon.

Room Tip: Any room is just perfect!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

brilliant guest house, very welcoming polite and charming, rooms were fair size money was spot on, very clean and tidy breakfast was nice could do witha few more like these round that area :) thank you for a comfortable and pleasureable stay will come again

Room Tip: good rooms in general :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mayview Guest House? Share your experiences!