“the Sound of the Seagulls” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Southampton Centre

and 1 more site!
You added Ibis Budget Southampton Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Southampton Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 West Quay Road | Western Esplanade, Southampton SO15 1RA, England (Formerly Etap Hotel Southampton Centre)   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Bekasi
“the Sound of the Seagulls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at Etap Southampton in Summer 2011... The room is good for 3 people... The room has a 2 storeys bed... It is very close to McDonald's and T.G.I.Friday's... It is also close to IKE and West Quay shopping centre. I could hear the ships honk. However, I love the sound of the seagulls during the day

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Etap-Manager, General Manager at Ibis Budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Etap Southampton. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

General Manager | Etap Hotel Southampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Was looking for a decent priced hotel and came across this hotel. They had a big sign outside saying "rooms from £29" (or round about), went to the desk and ended up paying £53 for room and parking. saying that i got a good night sleep, Hotel was nice and clean, very friendly staff, room was clean and got a nice view from my room. The location of the hotel is superb. Got restaurants, shops, cinema and other things to do and visit close by. Would recommend this hotel if you can book in advance and get a good deal and are looking for somewhere that is average and clean. Hotels near to this one would probably cost more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Leicestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

It was well worth the price (£18 for room + £7.50 for 2 breakfasts) and quite adequate if basic. Accommodation is on a par with Travelodge and we chose Etap because the Travelodge internet price mysteriously increased when we showed interest in it! The room was tiny but OK for a couple. I wouldn't fancy being the third person in one of these rooms as the third bed is a high bunk.

This Etap is very close to cruise terminals, which is why we chose it. Free wifi in the cafe area was a bonus. We ate at the nearby Ibis (also Accor group) for next to nothing because there was an offer at the Etap that gave us vouchers for free drinks with a meal at the Ibis (tip: read the small print on the bits of paper in the room). Certainly a cheap and cheerful overnight stay - I was very cheerful because it was so inexpensive.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Etap-Manager, General Manager at Ibis Budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts.
I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Romsey, Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

So for the price, I was only expecting something basic and basic is what I got. It reminded me of a university hall of residence except cleaner!! Perfectly adequate as a place to lay your head for a few nights if you are travelling on the cheap. Atmosphere is something like a jolly youth hostel in terms of friendly welcome and bright decor in reception. Breakfast fine. Hot water plentiful. Heating generous. Small problem with blind fixed promptly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Etap-Manager, General Manager at Ibis Budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Etap Southampton. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Worthing, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I know I paid very little for this hotel, but I did expect to get slightly more than what the room has. My bedroom at home was bigger than the whole thing and I do not have a big room. The shower door is slightly see through, the toilet has no lock and is claustrophobic and worse than a public one (size wise). If you have got a room for 3 people be prepare that one of you is going to be sleeping on a bunk bed above the other 2. The picture makes the room look brighter and bigger than it actually is. The only positive about this hotel is the location, it is very well placed but I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Etap Southampton. Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, rest assured we will look into this matter.
Regards,
General Manager | Etap Hotel Southampton

Been to Ibis Budget Southampton Centre? Share your experiences!