“Fantastic family meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 471 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Taken here by family during a recent trip to Portsmouth. What a fabulous restaurant. The food was delicious and all the staff went out of their way to look after everyone. My daughter loved being fussed over. The extra touches such as watermelon and liquers at the end of the meal are the touches that make somewhere like this stand out against other restaurants especially the large chains. It was a real experience having your order sung back to you. I am only sorry we do not live nearer to visit this restaurant on a more regular basis. Thank you to the owner and staff for creating such a unique entertaining restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Doesnt feel like your in England!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Ate here with some girls from work and had a great meal. Staff are all very friendly and accommodating.
As many bread sticks and garlic butter as you like before your meal. Our pizzas were huge and they bought out 2 lovely salads on the house with mozzarella cheese - yum!
We didn't order desserts as we were too full but the owner made us up 2 plates of strawberries and melon on the house!
We then had a shot of dessert sherry afterwards.
The only thing I would say was a bit weird was a waiter working there who kept saying he wanted to get us 'alkied up' as in drunk, although we kept telling him we were driving!
However, all in all a great experience. You really don't feel like you are in Portsmouth when your in the restaurant! Great music and good atmosphere!

• Visited August 2014
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Everything an Italian restaurant should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Visited this restaurant yesterday for the first time. The service from Adam was superb. We all had pizzas and they were excellent. ..a buzzy place...our children were really well looked after. We will be back to try more of the menu.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been eating in this restaurant for 30 years or so now I guess, We have seen Giuseppe calm down over the years and hand his baton to his son to entertain at the busy restaurant. The whole family helps out and their is always a family Bambino being shown off by the proud grandparents. Giuseppe used to be the extrovert even throwing knives at the toilet doors( Pre-house and safety gone mad etc) and getting on the tables to grind the giant pepper-mill and singing and shouting. As I say now his eldest son entertains with singing, drums, standing on the tables and Giuseppe is now in charge of the restaurant that has trebled in size over the years. The menu has not changed in all this time but it doesn't need to. Friday and Saturday evening are quite rowdy and perhaps avoided if you want a quiet romantic Italian meal. But are a must if you want a fun filled laugh in Portsmouth. The food is traditional Italian but more flavorsome than proper italian food and it still seems strange walking off the street and entering such an enthusiastic Italian atmosphere with a great ambiance. Wednesday night is discounted to compete with other local restaurants I guess but I'm sure they don't need to. A shot of Masala to end the meal and you leave feeling like you should get a kiss on each cheek as part of the extended family.
Great for family , romantic,groups or Stag do/Hen do meals.

• Visited April 2014
Alton, Hampshire
“Amazing restaurant, crazy experience recently though... ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Have been here about 3 or 4 times and food is incredible! Everything is amazing even the simplest of things like the fresh bread rolls are nicer than most places you will go.
Have had pasta, pizza and steaks here and all were beautiful.
Staff are great, friendly and fun.
A tad more expensive that the chain Italians but worth every penny for something more traditional and unique and above all else for the far better food.
However, even considering all of the above I was let down by them for a family celebration earlier in the year when I phoned to book and was told that we would have to preorder all of our food the week before our booking. Had we been a table for 10 or more then fair enough but we were a table for 6.
That seemed crazy to me as I would have thought restaurants could manage orders on the night for small family sized tables. Then to make matters worse I got told I would have to put down a deposit to reserve the table for £10 per guest! The whole phone call was ridiculous and completely unlike the service I received on previous visits. So much so I actually asked the person I was speaking to to confirm where they were based etc as I thought I had phoned the wrong place!!! Anyway, we opted to go elsewhere. May try again in the future but this new booking policy really put me off as I don't know any other restaurants of a similar standard that would do the same.
In summary, if you can get a table without giving your money or orders a week ahead of your visit I thoroughly recommend!!!