“Lunch buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Water Margin

Water Margin
Gunwharf Quays | Opposite the Spinaker Tower, Restaurant entrance on the upper level, Portsmouth PO1 3TZ, England
+44 23 9229 3388
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

This was our second visit here there was a big selection of food which was all fresh. The server greeted us with a smile and another waiter came to check our food was ok the noodles were delicious we look forward to visiting again soon!

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

I came here yesterday 25/4/2015 and I was disappointed how little there was to pick from there was no crispy chilli beef now chicken balls no pork balls no butterfly chicken it was very basic and boring for such a large buffet restaurant

Dear James B,

Thank you for your review. I am unsure whether you dined for Lunch or Dinner but either way disappointed to read your comments. We are an Oriental buffet offering 40+ dishes for Lunch and 60+ dishes for dinner. I am sorry we did not have your favorites.

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

We went here as a whim when in Portsouth. We were not really looking for a chinese but this seemed to be good valu and we thought we would give it a go. We were surprised at the choice available even though it was the lunch menu. The staff were very friendly and helped us get the right table for our group.
Good choice of food with one self selection section where you can get your own mixture cooked in front of you by the chef. We will definitely go back when we are in Portsmouth.
The only thing I did not like was the ice cream, but for £10 a head you cannot complain. If you are a student, live locally or in the froces then they offer discounts. Worth a visit although it does seem from other reviews that consistency may not always be there. Give it a go.

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Shrek1966,

Thank you for the review of your visit. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the service as well as the selection of foods on offer, especially the option of the Teppanyaki Bar.

Our Ice Cream is a mid-range quality but as you mentioned “but for £10 a head you cannot complain” however your comment is noted and we will certainly look at possible alternatives without affecting the price of our buffet.

Manager
“Definitely not going back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

Very unpleasant lady at reception. When we came in about 15 minutes to dinner but still at lunch time, were told to finish within 15 minutes! Never heard of this RULE! Decided not going in there at all! So disappointed.

Dear Amy G,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue raised. I am a little confused by your comments as we usually have a two hour gap between Lunch and Dinner midweek and a one hour gap at weekends. I would appreciate if you could e-mail Portsmouth@watermargin.co.uk with a contact number so I can get some additional information for a better understanding of the issue, so that I can ensure other guests do not have a similar experience in the future.

“Very good waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Very good waiter today white english man as soon as we went in a man greated me a nice friendly hello. Asked if we would like to order are drinkins now carried them over for us very helpful I been here a couple of times but never had the same service I would come back again .

Visited April 2015
Dear Kaynroy,
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for highlighting the service provided by a member of the team. You mentioned you have dined before but I can see you never reviewed your previous visit, so thank you for doing so on this occasion due to the service you . The member of staff you highlighted has only recently joined the team and is proving to be a great asset to us. I can assure you he will be rewarded for his effort and I am sure, thrilled to hear your comments.
Thank you again and we hope to see you return soon.