“Absolutely fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Portsmouth Hilsea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Travelodge Portsmouth Hilsea
You added Travelodge Portsmouth Hilsea to your Saves list
Copnor Road | Hilsea, Portsmouth PO3 5HS, England (Formerly Innkeeper's Lodge Portsmouth)   |
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Old Hill, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night a couple of weeks ago. There was nothing to really shout about and nothing really to moan about. The reception is manned until about 10pm which was good, the Toby Carvery is open till late next door, where we had a drink or three. The room was basic but clean and comfortable for a one night stay. Easy to get to and a great location for the Navy gates.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
LDN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in december 2011 and as with all travelodge hotels, the room was basic, the rate was very reasonable and staff friendly. The only small criticisms are the room is very dated and in need of modernisation, be it a lick of paint or new wallpaper, the bathroom had mould on the tiles and a lot of the fixtures were rusting. The main criticism was the bed is very uncomfortable. After the first night i had to sleep on the extra pillows.
This however wont put me off staying at travelodge hotels, the rooms are generally very clean in good locations and stFf are generally very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Portsmouth Hilsea, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear shahmia,

Thank you for your post.

It is always good to get positive feedback from our customers after they have stayed with us. We will make sure the hotel receive a copy of your compliment.

With regards to the concerns you’ve raised, your valuable comments will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback.
Essex England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This travelodge has definitely seen better days, very old furniture and interior decor very shabby. The room we stayed in had stains on the walls and paintwork badly chipped. Only saving grace is that it was clean although the toilet bowl was badly stained.

As I say okay for one night - very handy for IOW ferry

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Southend on sea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was quilt away out of town but theres a train station and bus stops near by which you can jump on to go into portsmouth. We walked into portsmouth which was around three miles which wasnt to bad as i enjoy walking and then got the train back. It is probally best that if you come and stay here that you have your own transport. The rooms were very clean and quilt posh i thought for a travelodge. The service was also very good and were happy to help. There is a toby carvery next door where you can go and have dinner or breakfast. We went int here for breakfast where its only £3.99 unlimited full english breakfast. I really enjoyed my night stay here and would reccomend it to other people. this is probally one of the best travelodges i think ive probally stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Telford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

£29.00 deal, but small rooms, in a poorly decorated hotel, small windows and little ventilation.
Ok for a overnight stop leading to greater things but not the place to take root.
The restaurant next door is ok if you like a carvery meal, but it gets very busy with the locals.

Room Tip: Try a different travel lodge
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Bromwich, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Two friends and myself were booked I to this hotel for one night as a stopover en route to France. After travelling from the Midlands for more than three hours we arrived at the hotel after 10 p.m. We were given our room numbers, and my friends were given the key to their room, but reception couldn't find the key to mine. After what seemed to be an eternity, they came up with a duplicate key. I put my key into the door and turned the door knob. As I entered the room, a gentleman sprang from the bed. That was the reason why they couldn't find the key - it had already been issued! I returned to reception to be told that there was not another room available, since the hotel was full. They suggested putting a mattress in my friends' room. I informed the staff that this was not acceptable. They eventually found me a room in another hotel in the centre of Portsmouth and provided a taxi to the hotel and a return one to the Travelodge next morning to rendezvous with my friends to go to the ferry. But it was reminiscent of Fawlty Towers.
One more thing. I really think it is unprofessional for a person in the customer service industry to be displaying tattoos whilst on duty. I have an aversion to these mutilations of the body, and the female receptionist was displaying a tattoo which was quite prominent.
Would I stay there again? Well, I didn't get that far, but I would think twice before booking.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bude, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family a I took a trip to france with a overnight stay at the travelodge Hilsea, My wife wanted to stay at the premier inn, but I decided to try the travelodge. On arrival the reception was fine, but when we got to our room it was appalling. It looked like the floor had never seen a vaccum cleaner, the room was dull due to the fact that most of the bulbs where out and the dust on the lamp shades was stopping the light.The furniture was thick with dust and there was holes in the carpet. The bathroom was dirty, soap scum in the bath the previous guest toothpaste on the taps, pubic hair on the toilet and as for the shower................. We asked to change rooms, which wasnt much better, same kind of dust and grim but this time the toilet seat was hanging off!! <accident waiting to happen> we asked to change rooms again and this time it was slightly better, but it was getting late and the children had to get to bed for a early departure so we made do, the linen shelf was falling down but we kept the children away from that. I did ask if we could relocate to another nearby hotel, but was told that all the rooms where full. I contacted customer services when we got back from out travels via email and requested to talk to someone regarding our stay. I recieved a E voucher from travelodge for the full amount of our stay £59.00 The voucher was refused with a note stating why they think i would ever stay in another travelodge, i was then refunded in full into my bank account, no appolgies no contact! its seems that customer care..... dont care. The moral of this email is...
1. if you want a free night stay at a travelodge just tell customer your not happy and they will refund you no questions asked.
2. Stay in a premier inn
3. Always listen to you wife

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Portsmouth Hilsea? Share your experiences!