“One of my favourite coffee shops” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a contemporary coffee shop in the ♥ of Southsea and proud to support local independent food producers.
Portsmouth, England
“One of my favourite coffee shops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I love Southsea Coffee Co. I've enjoyed delicious sandwiches, soup but my favourites have to be the banana bread with mascarpone cheese, berries and drizzled with honey and the crumpets with honeycomb butter with extra 'posh' honey on top! Yesterday I enjoyed a salted caramel brownie and it was to die for! Find out more at Livelifelovecake why we like it so much. I try to go at least once a week. The service is very good and the staff are all very friendly. I tried a chai latte for the first time last week and had to go back for another this week!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hampshire Uk
“Something different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Three of us met up for coffee/lunch. Caters for vegetarians and vegans. The flavours for soups sandwiches and cakes are different which is great. Everything is fresh and appears to be 'homemade'. First visit but I am sure we will be back. Good to have somewhere that is individual.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“First visit but not the last. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

On entering the coffee shop I was reminded of similar cafes in the Netherlands. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the staff welcoming and although the range of cake/biscuits on view is small it looks - and tastes - homes made. On delivery to our table, the coffees were smoothly delicious and the lemon slices mouthwateringly tart. The wooden furniture is basic but there are cushions for those of us with a lack of natural padding. A range of coffee beans are available to take away, ground if requested. Highly recommend to those who look for more than the impersonal coffee chains churn out.

“Good coffee at a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

A well positioned cafe in he heart of Southsea. The coffee is always hot, tasty and we'll served. The staff are friendly and attentive. Just watch it though, this small cafe is popular and can pack out quickly. I've tried the food and it's pretty good ( slightly alternative) so I tend to stick with the cakes and coffee.

Visited January 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Really lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Such a nice little coffee shop. Calm, friendly atmosphere and great coffee too!! Everything you want from a coffee shop.