“Visited once - will not return” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of several restaurants on the Boardwalk at Port Solent
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Visited once - will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have noticed this restaurant busy at most times - so we went with friends and visitng friends from australia - we chose it because it isnt a chain so we expected great things
It was a real disappointment - the staff seemed to think we were a nuisance interupting them from their conversations - the food was at best average - the decor is something from the 70's and is very tired & then the bill was considerably more than we would pay at any of the chains in port solent with much less value for money
ive read the mixed reviews & clearly they have days when they are absolutely on form & deliver - sadly this wasnt one of them - we wont go back - they just didnt do enough to warrant any hope of improvement compared to their competitors

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Southampton, United Kingdom
“midweek deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Any pasta or pizza for £6.50. Plentiful , hot food but nothing special. However at this price and in a bright and cheerful atmosphere it is a perfect venue for meeting friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great pizza, nice service and wonderful location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We came here for a family meal at the end of the summer and had a brilliant time.

To start with be service was great and we were made to feel very welcome by the Italian waiter. We sat outside looking on to the water which was lovely. I get the impression that sitting indoors wouldn't' quite be the same.

The bruschetta was absolutely divine and I would certainly have it as a starter if I came back again. The complimentary olives were also a very nice touch as they were fresh and marinated.

For main I went for pizza which was good value and delicious. My family all had something from the either the meat or fish menu and all enjoyed there's very much. They had some great looking steak options with various sauces which I would try if I ever came back for dinner.

On the whole this is a great little restaurant and a nice change from the nearby Prezzo or Pizza express.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“My very favourite Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have visited this restaurant many many times, and I have never had a bad meal. The food is totally delicious and the prices are excellent. If you fancy a decent meal, it's definitely a good place to go.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fareham, United Kingdom
“You could be in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Authentic cuisine , and such a lovely setting ! Food excellent and the staff first class, and I am fussy ! Will certainly return !

Visited September 2012