I have stayed several times at this hotel as it ideal for shopping in gunwharf. On check-in it was acknowledged I was a priority club member by a letter unfortunately my name was incorrect, attention to detail was lacking. We were greeted by a warm welcome and offered a special rate for breakfast if we paid in advance, we only wanted breakfast one morning and this was organised, we went to our room, it was a fairly standard room, comfortable beds and pillows, nothing luxurious but suited us as we did not expect to be in our room much. Good leisure facilities as an added bonus in the hotel, small gym, sauna, steam room and pool. We stayed two nights, one of the nights we were woken up by the fire alarm and started to evacuate the hotel, only to be advised it was a false alarm, the hotel reimbursed the breakfast fee for that night by way of an apology, it was a nice gesture as we were feeling very tired next day and could not get back to sleep after that. The breakfast we had that day was superb, excellent value served by excellent staff. On the second evening we were getting ready to go out and I went to sit in the chair in front of the mirror, I was appalled it was the dirtiest most stained chair I had ever seen. I took pictures of it because I wanted to send them to Holiday Inn HQ but on their website could not seem to find an email to do this. In fact it was so awful I washed my hands after touching it, how could anyone leave a chair like that in a hotel room of any standard. Next morning on checkout I asked to speak to the manager and she said that if we had advised her we could have moved rooms of they would have changed it. They were waiting for a refurbishment or replacement of chairs. A guest should not have to point this out surely a big company like that should have set standards with rooms being checked regularly and to give this room to a priority club member or any other person would put anybody off from booking holiday inn again.
It has put me off booking this hotel again and maybe I now will consider other hotel chains, the hotel is letting the staff and its customers down. Management needs to take immediate action before custom is lost.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portsmouth Hotel
- Holiday Inn Portsmouth Hotel Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the seafront in Portsmouth in the heart of Hampshire within easy access of the M27 MotorwayOnly a five minute walk from Old Portsmouth where you can spend a nautical day discovering the famous Historic Dockyard and ships HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the Mary RoseThe leisure and shopping destination Gunwharf Quays near the Spinnaker Tower is set on the waterfront and minutes from the hotel with designer label stores, cinema, bowling alley, comedy club and numerous bars and restaurants. Port Solent is one of the south coast s most impressive marinas with shops, restaurants, bars and a cinemaThe hotel consists of 165 en-suite fully air conditioned bedrooms, Spirit Health Club, Academy Conference Centre, Restaurant, Bar and Lounge AreaThe excellent accommodation has all the comforts you would expect from a first class hotel including interactive TV's with movies and Play Station Games and high speed internet accessThe facilities include Restaurant, 24 hour Room Service, Lounge and Bar Area and complimentary use for residents of the Spirit Health Club with gym, indoor pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. The hotel has 9 conference and training rooms and can accommodate from 2-150 delegates in the fully air-conditioned Academy Conference Centre with wireless internet access and all day tea and Starbucks coffee. Accessible & Family Rooms available. Kids Stay & Eat Free (terms and conditions apply)The hotel has limited onsite parking but can supply permits for in house guest for the ample parking surrounding hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Portsmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.