“Bathroom too small to swing a cat” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Stroud
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

the hotel is in a good place in Portsmouth if you are catching the ferry to fRance as we were. We stayed as we had a very early start on the ferry and did not want to spend too much on a place for the night. The room was fairly small but had all that you could want other then a hairdryer. The bathroom was very small but the shower was good. The bed was as comfortable as the advertising made out and there was a choice of pillows which is unusual. Can recommend this if you are after a good reasonably priced hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your comment regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you have enjoyed it and we really hope to have you here again soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you want to give any extra details regarding your comment.

Kind regards,

Luis Ortin
Assistant Manager
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

A good location , and clean hotel. But the rooms were far to small even for an Ibis, The Bathroom was a pod that was far too small and not built for a human. I object to sitting on a loo and having my face and knees up against the walI. The size of the bedroom was far too small I felt like a Rabbit in a hutch.
When I arrived I was asked for my passport or ID? I am not sure why and never been asked that by any Accor staff before.I stay in Accor hotels approx. 1 time a week

The breakfast service was one poor guy by himself trying to deal with about 40 of us. I don't blame him he did his best but the place was full with old breakfast things, tea and coffee cups had run out and knifes. I felt sorry for him.

This hotel clearly has very poor management. I think they allow poor service and low staffing levels, which I guess contributes to the poor service of some staff.

Checkout again was slow due to just one poor man by himself. When you did get to him he was very friendly and helpful, well done Billy a hero in the chaos that management seem to allow.

As a loyal Accor Le Club member never never never again here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisportsmouth, General Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear guests,
Many thanks for your review.
I am sorry to read that your experience was not up to your expectations.
Please feel free to contact me directly.
My email address is h1461-gm@accor.com
Kindest regards
Emilie Dengremont
Fareham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Big slow queue at check in. If I was French (which I was not), this pain might have been reduced by the French-speaking girl working reception.

The hotel is old and worn out. This is disguised by a thin veil of redecoration and ibis branding. The skanky old carpet and textured walls as still there, as are the tiny, cramped rooms and the smell of mould that permeates the bathroom.

There was one young guy manning breakfast, rushing around like a headless chicken trying to sort out all the problems - something spilt on the floor (so a mop just dumped on it), food all over the tables (not cleared) and not enough tables to sit everybody. He took my room number and ran off, leaving me to find and clear my own table. There were only a couple of plates for food (tiny and cold).

For £6 this might he acceptable. For £60, this is lacking somewhat. Granted this is a lot cheaper than elsewhere in town, but it doesn't justify it. I've yet to try the shower or the breakfast on offer, but my hopes aren't high.

Convenient of you're visiting kids in the university halls, but expect to be living in similar squalor to them and paying top whack for it.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay in ibis Portsmouth.
Please feel free to contact me on h1461-gm@accor.com should you wish to discuss your comments further.

Kind regards
Emilie Dengremont
General General
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Was looking for a central place to stay as I was only in town one night. Ibis suited me down to the ground. Good value, staff couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms are a bit small but for a couple of nights its perfect.

I would recommend this hotel and stay there in future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review about Ibis Portsmouth.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us!
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in Ibis Portsmouth.

Kindest regards
Luis Ortin
Assistant General Manager

Been to Ibis Portsmouth Centre? Share your experiences!