“Nice curry and fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
South uk
“Nice curry and fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went here for a meal with friends and as soon as we were seated complimentary popperdoms and dips where being brought to the table. The service was fast and they were quick to get our drinks and main meals. All plates were empty with no complaints. Will go back again for a sit down meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic quality indian / bangladeshi food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went there by accident as we couldnt find any other restaurants close after our day out. Food is delicious healthy and presented well. Try tandoori roti which is pure wheat nan. starters are very good but very small so you might want to order one for each. Service is bit slow. They need more trained staff. Owner was very helpful in making some exceptional veg dishes for some of the veggies in our group. Highly recommended if you love good curry.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Take away delivered on all counts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

If your after a take away look no further !!
We wanted a take away Indian banquet at home yesterday ( Saturday night) . We rang this place as my partner had been for a meal there many years ago. We rang ordered there was no repeating myself like you get when dialling takeaways. They looked up my address using their system. We got onion bhagi, grilled paneer (cheese), sheek kebab for starters. Lamb madras & lamb dansak for mains. A selection of keema naan, chapatis & popadoms. Every part of the meal was cooked perfectly and it's difficult to say which was best though the grilled cheese was really incredible. Although it was Saturday night it was delivered " hot" after about 45 minutes. The only thing wrong was they forgot to put a menu in the bag as I requested. Being from Yorkshire known as the curry capital it knocked the socks off anything I had eaten up there ( I've had an awful lot !) thank you to all the management & staff of Gandhi we will be using you again when we want a curry !

Fareham, United Kingdom
“The Best curry in town! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reviewing Gandhi and seeing a couple of mixed reviews I was left in two minds whether to come or not.

Me and my wife walked into is beautiful looking masterpiece where we were greeted very nicely by the smart professional looking waiters. We felt like we were sat in a very nice, clean and friendly environment.

I had the King prawn Sylhet and my wife had the Rajesthani chicken and I have to be honest the food was the best we have ever had! We were looked aftered very well by the friendly staff who make sured everything was spot on for us.

We've literally been to every single indian in Portsmouth and Southampton and the only regret I have is why couldn't I have found Gandhi earlier!? I would recommend everyone to try this place out and you'd love it!
Service 10/10
Food 10/10
Quality 10/10
Gandhi restaurant 10/10 !!

“Flavourless food, terrible customer service! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were greeted at the door and shown to our table. We were left with the drinks menu for 10 minutes then our order was taken. We had to ask to see the food menu. Our drinks came and we ordered our food.

I ordered the following:
Sylhet...Cooked in a special blend of spices and Bangladeshi naga chillies.
My fiancé ordered the Darjeeling
Cooked in cubed onions, green peppers, garlic, green chillies & fresh tomatoes. A dry dish.
Served with fairly hot sauce.

WELL both of these we're lacking in flavour and certainly weren't anything to go crazy about!

The customer service was horrific! Not only were we left for long periods of time without any attention from the waiting staff, (who were either stood around doing nothing or trying to serve the same table as their colleague, unnecessary and pointless)! They didn't ask how our food was and they didn't ask if we were ok with drinks either!

After waiting a long time for our plates to be taken away, (plates full of the flavourless food), we were asked if we wanted dessert, to which we ordered two ice cream based 'treats'.. Once they finally arrived we realised that these ice creams were the most flavoursome things we ate all evening.

Overall the service was terrible, there was no personal touch or rapport building from the waiters. The waiters clearly don't know what they're doing and how to serve customers in a restaurant!

If you want a decent, flavour packed Indian/ Bangladeshi meal with waiters who serve well and appreciate your custom then you need to visit the AUBERGINE IN ALBERT ROAD/PORTSMOUTH!

THE AUBERGINE IS THE BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN PORTSMOUTH!