“New to me but I like it!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: a new restaurant opened at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, part of the chain.
“New to me but I like it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Iv been in here a few times whether it be with my partner or with the kids also!!
The kids love it a whole new experiance for them..
iv never eatten sushi elsewhere but it is enjoyable...
The food is nice some of it is not for mebut they do some lovely dishes...
Prices are ok you can eat cheaply or have a feast and the bill is quite pricey Iv done both options :)
The staff are nice altho everytime I have ordered from the menu its take about 20min orso to arrive when the place is practicly empty! The kids had scoffed theirs down plus their dessert and we r still waiting...
overall a nice experiance will go again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Great service and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Marvellous atmosphere in this restaurant and very attentive staff despite being short staffed. Food was delicious!!

Visited August 2013
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We go here weekly and can't understand why some of the other reviews are so bad. Always recieve great service and lovely food. People complain too much these days!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Back to cookin in yo home!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I frequently go to Yo sushi,but I think today has been our last visit.
Our last 3 visits unfortunately have had the same outcome- it's really put us off coming again. For some reason (due to our love for Japanese food) we thought we'd give them the benefit of the doubt and try out the expensively priced ramen (£8!! Ramen pre packed costs 35p~ dashi soup around £1.25) but never had restaurant ramen before.
Bad points -:
* Special orders (hot tsukune) took over 20 mins to make. Not only that but they were tiny when compared to the picture, albeit they were yummy.
* Ramen was only half filled in the bowl, not to mention majority of the bowl was filled with bean sprouts - again in the menu picture there are no bean sprouts- but this wasn't the point. Ramen was at 30% and bean sprouts were well over half!! Very disgusted. And cheeky considering the beansprouts were mixed in so it seemed you had more ramen.
* Staff need training - 5th time in a row where staff members had no idea what we were ordering. Also waitress started adding extra dishes to our bill, even though the customer next to us had stated they were his. I shouldn't need to clarify. Yo sushi portsmouth branch need more staff communication.
* Also weren't given menu on arrival - this was a first.
* Odd smell coming off the counter as waitress used a damp old rag?? Very off putting.

Good points -:
* Decent tasting ramen, the dashi broth was good.
* All the maki zushi was yummy.
* Tsukune were lush.

Spent around £35 in all.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Raw fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much from yo-sushi, I was wrong. A very relaxing atmosphere is tempered with excellent serving staff and a live show courtesy of the sushi chefs. The restaurant represents good value for money, Two of us ate to the point if bursting and drank a couple of white wines and the bill was just shy of £50.00 which I feel was very well spent. My top tip is to not just rely o. The food on the belt; the finest sushi is cooked to order from the menu, well worh it.

• Visited July 2013