“The ribs are fanastic” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 517 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
burton on trent
“The ribs are fanastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We turned up on spec as we had not booked anywhere. The restaurant was packed, which was suprising for an early wednesday evening. The waitess was very kind in fitting us in. Having said that, the service was resonable quick. We all had ribs. They were excellent. I will be back next time I'm in the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Very nice tasty steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went sunday early evening, the steaks we ordered were very nice and tasty, not as good as I expected as they did not quite melt in my mouth as I was expecting, I thought this would be as good as the american steak houses and melt. The chips were very nice and really hot.

Nice looking restaurant, tables very close together though so a little bit uncomfortable, no atmosphere though. A Rancho Steak House is opening in Fareham shortly so I would definitely give that one a try to see if it is a bit better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“What a steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The steak was amazing!!!! Great atmostphere!!
We were delightful to eat the food at rancho, the service was very attentive and friendly. We must go there again. Thank you.

Visited November 2013
“First visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I had booked via phone but on arrival no one knew anything about it, still we were found a table during a very Wednesday evening service. A nicely decorated restaurant who not a lot of space between tables
A nice selection of dishes as you would expect meat heavy.
My wife and I both had steaks mine wonderful hers returned as undercooked.... She was a chef.
Returning steak was perfect.
All in all, a nice place, good value and yes we will return

Visited September 2013
“Awesome Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Anywhere you can get a 400g Fillet Steak cooked to perfection is all right by me. Also, the sides are simple but really nice, like the asparagus!
Booking a table is a nightmare, I mean every single time we have ever tried, if you're lucky enough to have someone pick up the phone at all! But once you're past that the service is very friendly.
I recommend Rancho to anyone and had my last Birthday meal here, which was great as always...once we got a booking.

• Visited October 2013