“Count the chips” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Count the chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A group of about 10 of us visited for a work-day lunch. Most ordered filled breads (sandwiches), which were of good quality and the portion sizes were good. To get a portion of chips with your sandwich is an additional 99p (a side order of chips is £1.79), but I received about 10 chips on the side of my plate. This means that I was charged about 10p per chip - and they weren't that large either. I did not see a normal side order of chips, so have nothing to compare. As we were pushed for time and the sandwich was quite large, I did not complain, but now wish I had as they may be unaware of the perception that this leaves. One of my colleagues ordered a side of garlic bread, which was s full price side, and she got about 5 generous baguette slices for only 80p more than my measly collection of chips.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Ok could have been better ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Edible but not good
Visited one night with mum and dad
My partner meal was very poor
Mum s was ok dads was poor
And mine was poor
Lukewarm food and tasteless
And below average
With slow service
Very poor

“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to the white horse many times with my husband and with family. We have always had a good meal, plenty of food. They do childrens' meals and gave my grandson a book with things to do and colours which kept him occupied for ages. They highlight 'gluten free' main meals and puds which is brilliant for me, as I normally end up with a jacket potato and no pud. Very good value. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came here for a meal with my girlfriend as it was recommended by a friend. The staff greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome. They were polite and helpful. The food was amazing, there was a lot of options to choose from and was great value. The quality and quantity of the food was great. I would definitely eat here again and recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
uk
“lack of food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The meal was ok however the amount of food was a disgrace for the price you charged, when asked if meal was ok we got told that they have to count the chips as this it what the pub owners told them. would not eat there again very poor.
staff seemed nice and were good with the kids.

• Visited October 2013