We stayed at a B & B and heard about the White Hart from a good pub guide. We were going to go to the White Hart for a drink then to the Lion for dinner. The White Hart is kind of cool, good service, has a bar, features wines, indoor seating and nice outdoor seating. We had some good beers, then went to the Lion. . They wouldn't seat us as we didn't have reservations which was OK. But they were kind of dismissive and told us we could have beer and sit in the bar but there was absolutely nothing to eat. No bar snacks, no food. So we picked up and returned to The White Hart. The food we had was actually very good, and we enjoyed it. Great? No. Good - Very good? Yes, and the overall experience was fine. I think most of the reviews are of the Inn, not the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eat, drink and flop in historic Winchcombe. To some it's a pub, others a hotel. Situated at the heart of the village of Winchcombe near Cheltenham, this ‘restaurant with rooms’ (there are 11) offers the very best of British food and an excellent wine list. Visit the wine shop and try the famous sausages in the Wine & Sausage eating rooms. A perfect place to visit or stay if you love walking or visiting Cheltenham races. Each of the 8 en-suite rooms are individually styled and some have feature beds. In the Wine & Sausage eating rooms located on the inns ground floor they are passionate about real food, the great and simple British dishes that we grew up with. Ingredients are carefully sourced and wherever possible use local and regional farmers, growers, fishermen, producers, brewers and even winemakers. Just a few metres away from the inn you will find the scenic Cotswold Way and Gloucestershire Way footpaths. The Inn is also very popular with cyclists and can help with routes around the area, especially via one or two other 'watering holes'. There's even a hosepipe for washing down muddy bikes. Winchcombe is an idyllic base for touring the Cotswolds and the White Hart is the perfect bolt hole close to the famous sporting and cultural festival town of Cheltenham. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your White Hart Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Hart Hotel Winchcombe
- White Hart Inn Winchcombe, England