When we arrived at the Inn we were a little disappointed that it wasn't one of the pretty stone buildings we had become accustomed to in our travels around The Cotswold, but as soon as we stepped inside we discovered a quaint, yet individual and cosy English pub. The painting of the tudor cat hanging on the wall is a gem!
Our room was lovely, the bed very comfortable with crisp white sheets and the ensuite had a very good sized shower, lavender toiletries and large fluffy towels. The only negatives I can find were the omission of a bin and only a small mirror kept in the wardrobe with the hairdrier, wall mounted would have been better.
Now onto the best part. The Food! We had dinner in the restaurant which can only be described as superb! Cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. The scallops are a must. Breakfast was included and of the same very high standard My eggs were perfectly poached!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are intending to stay overnight, there are five rooms to choose from, ranging from the stunning “Stag”, with a free standing bath in the bedroom, to the snug “Fallow”. All rooms have been recently re-furbished, blending ancient stone and woodwork, with contemporary style and sophistication.Some come back hoping to meet The White Hart Hotel’s non-paying guest, a friendly ghost whom the locals have nicknamed ‘George’. He sometimes manifests as a vertical white light after closing time in the bar, but only rarely appears as a figure – and then apparently for a reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The White Hart Stow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Hart Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- The White Hart Stow Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds