Really enjoyed our stay and the meal in the restaurant was one of the best we've eaten, worth every penny. Location is lovely and we thought the hotel itself was luxurious although the quirky decor probably won't be to everyone's taste.
Our stay was spoiled a bit by the breakfast on our last day, which is why this isn't an 'excellent' rating. A very distracted and inefficient waitress/receptionist coupled with a 'pre-cooked' heated up breakfast was not what what we were expecting. She came back 3 times to ask the table behind us how they wanted their eggs - after bringing scrambled eggs instead of poached for my partner. Later, after ringing the bell on reception 3 times, we had to go down and get her to let us check out, no apology for the delay or acknowledgment of the breakfast issues. Shame, as the rest of our experience was so good.
We'll stay here again and will definitely eat in the restaurant, but won't have breakfast here unless it is in with the room rate, it's not worth £15 each. However, we felt that our stay was good value at the rate we paid - & the evening meal was superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cotswolds88hotel is an intimate lifestyle boutique hotel set in the hauntingly beautiful village of Painswick. Here, the modern and vintage merge; the historic exterior and funky interior breathe new life into the foundations of this stunning country retreat. The hotels ethos is based on the latest lounge trend in which luxury and chill out blend together. Cotswolds88hotel - the ultimate destination for every traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cotswolds88hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswolds88hotel Hotel Painswick
- Cotswolds88 Hotel Painswick
- Cotswolds88hotel Painswick, England