“Without a doubt the very best guest house I have stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ivy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cirencester
The Ivy House
You added The Ivy House to your Saves list
2 Victoria Road, Cirencester GL7 1EN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 27 Cirencester B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Without a doubt the very best guest house I have stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A very considered statement coming from someone whose in-laws also run a guest house in South Wales.

A beautiful building located in a beautiful town taking less than 5 minutes to walk straight in to the heart of the town where you will find some fantastic places to dine.

Very approachable Husband and wife owners delivering a a very good cooked breakfast. Decor and cleanliness of rooms the best I have seen (another carefully considered statement given that my dear sister has OCD cleaning issues).

Easily a Ten out of Ten rating. (My wife tells me that it is rated second out of twenty-four other hotels and guest houses in Cirencester).

Matt
South Wales

Room Tip: Make sure you book well in advance as I'm told it is very popular indeed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
north east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This B&B is on a junction within walking distance of the town centre. I thought traffic noise would be an issue but the room was so comfortable it faded out and no noise with window closed. The room I stopped in had a double and single bed with walk in wardrobe and large bathroom with double shower. Hot water was always available and the shower powerful. WiFi is available FOC. I normally have trouble sleeping in a strange bed but I fell asleep with no problems in the one in my room

Breakfast was good with a large selection of cold dishes and an ample tasty cooked breakfast with options to suit.

Car parking is tight but ample room if all park sensibly but remember the tree when reversing out

Only downside was no desk/table in the room to work on but not enough to remove a star. I suspect there would have been no issue using a table in the breakfast room if I'd really wanted one

Will definitely consider it again if stopping again in Cirencester

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Ivy House proved to be an ideal base during our five day stay in the Cotswalds. Situated on the edge of the town centre, it was only a short walk to the shops and restaurants, and a hidden gem, the Abbey Gardens (a sprawling parkland tucked away behind the church, beside the River Churn). Although our room (no. 2) was somewhat smaller in comparison to other places at which we stayed, in no way did it detract from our comfort. Located on the second storey, the room was light, bright and airy and meticulously cleaned each day. Our hosts Paul and Sue we're extremely hospitable and helpful with advice on local eateries and places of interest. Breakfasts were served in the ground floor dining room and included a selection cereals, juices, fruits plus of course, a full cooked breakfast (or variations thereof to suit our individual tastes). No negatives, all in all, a great place to stay and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Room No.2 was ideal for us but they do have larger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and it was superb! The service from Paul and Sue was exceptional, the room was very clean and the breakfast was lovely, getting my eggs perfect which is a task in its self, they made me feel very welcome and recommended some really nice places to visit and eat during my stay. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is visiting Cirencester, ideal location, in walking distance from the town centre.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at this B&B as I was attending a wedding at Barnsley House. The location was great, and the hosts (Paul & Sue) were really lovely. The room was clean, and incredibly quite. They provided great directions and recommendations and I would definitely stay with them again! Also, the breakfast was absolutely delicious!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this B&B in the heart of Cirencester for 5 nights -- it is a lovely home, with extremely accommodating hosts (Paul & Sue). They provided for all of our needs -- wonderful breakfasts, accurate directions to any tourist sites, recommendations for local restaurants & a thousand little extras which they never hesitated to provide. Rooms were spacious & always clean. We had a truly wonderful experience & would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. We will certainly recommend The Ivy House to any of our friends who might be travelling to England.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The Ivy house's location is near the National Express coach stop. Very convenience if you take coach from London. The host, Paul and Sue are very nice and friendly. Me and my wife felt a warm and happy vibe everyday. Just feel like home. The English breakfast is absolutely the best I have ever had in the UK. Highly recommended!!

Stayed May 2013

Been to The Ivy House? Share your experiences!