“Great location, great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ivy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cirencester
The Ivy House
You added The Ivy House to your Saves list
2 Victoria Road, Cirencester GL7 1EN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Cirencester B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great location, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect location only 3 minute walk into the town centre. Lovely, helpful owners, nothing too much trouble. Spotlessly clean, warm, comfortable room. Super breakfast whether your taste is fresh berries and yoghurt, or muesli and cereals, or full English (or a bit of each). Excellent value for money. Nice pub/thai restaurant across the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Absolutely fantastic B&B, have put so many others I have stayed in to shame. My room was spotless on arrival and every day after that (despite my efforts to untidy it!), service was excellent and attention to detail was incredible. I was on a week long course and mentioned that I might have my girlfriend come and stay the Thursday. When I returned from the course Thursday evening there were extra towels and bottles of water already in the room. The breakfast is the best I've had, and the service was always welcoming, chatty and friendly. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Cirencester; Look No Further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Well, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I work in Ciren a lot & have stayed in moste BnB's at one time or another. The reviews don't lied, the rooms are spotless, the beds are comfortable, the linen clean & fresh & then there is the breakfast, what can I say you have to sample it for yourself, will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kawasaki, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I wish I could write a review after actually staying there, but unfortunately I have to do it based on the fact that after one week and two e-mails with an inquiry about rates and availability, I still have not had a response, leading me to the conclusion that the owners are not interested in offering us accommodation and are not taking customer service very seriously.

Shame really, especially after I had chosen this establishment based on the excellent reviews I saw here. But it seems we won't get the opportunity to experience a stay there ourselves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ivyhousescouse, Owner at The Ivy House, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We are sorry that this reviewer was not happy with the service he received from the ivy house. However, we can assure him that we take our customer service very seriously - it is at the heart of all we do.
We did reply to his enquiry - just prior to this complaint being posted - with an apology and an explanation for the delay.
Rhyl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Run by a lovely couple where nothing is too much trouble. Cleanliness was beyond spotless. Lovely breakfast choices. The Ivy House is placed in a ideal location and I would highly recommend this guest house to all wishing to stay in Cirencester and the local area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This review is a little late as my husband and I stayed for 2 nights on November 30th. We were visiting the Christmas market which was it's first weekend in Cirencester. The Friday evening was also the Christmas light switch on. The whole weekend was just perfect! The lovely atmosphere, the weather, which was cold, frosty but dry and bright (very Christmassy! unlike all this dreary wet weather we are now experiencing!) The beautiful individual shops, traditional pubs and last but not least the fantastic bed and breakfast! There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about the B&B. Everything really was perfect and if we return to Cirencester we will definitely be staying at the Ivy House bed and breakfast!I It deserves to be number 1 Thank you to Paul and Sue for being the perfect hosts during our perfect weekend break!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saundersfoot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at this lovely B&B, for only one night unfortunately,as that was the only time we had spare, but what a comfortable, well situated place this is.
Lovely warm welcome on arrival, warm,comfortable,spotless, bright, cheerful room.
Breakfast was excellant, with choice of fruits, cereals, yogurts, cooked,or basically whatever you fancied.
The main shopping area of the town is only 5 mins walk at the most,and we really enjoyed looking round the delightful Christmas Market in the town.
We hope to return to the town and would certainly book a room at The Ivy House, when we do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ivy House? Share your experiences!