“Delicious food, but a bit on the pricey side.” 5 of 5 stars

01242 226300
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spice Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 345 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Located in the former old mansion house on Montpellier Drive, Spice Lodge- Cheltenham's premier Pan Asian restaurant - provides you with a new and exciting taste of Asia. The restaurant is divided into separate areas and dining rooms, each having its own unique style and atmosphere, giving you and your guests as much privacy as you like. We are also able to provide the following services: conferences, wedding receptions, banquets, private parties.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, but a bit on the pricey side.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Admittedly I've only been to about 15 Indian restaurants in my life, but this one is by far the best of all of them. The food is absolutely incredible. I've been there about 10 times over the past few years and I never fail to be impressed by how delicious the food is. I would recommend going on Sunday because they do a buffet which is really good value.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Yorkshire
“Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were staying at the big sleep hotel in Cheltenham for Cheltenham festival and asked them for a recommendation for Indian, they pointed us in the direction of this place and I'm so glad they did! Just outside the town centre but only a 5 minute walk in a gorgeous building this provides a lovely setting. We had starters and mains and the food was the best Indian I've tasted. Definately worth a visit and I'll be back!

Henfield, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We found this place as we were in Cheltenham following a day racing and decided that we could all eat a curry although to be fair this is a fusion with Thai food so there is as choice of both cuisines.

The Spice Lodge is set in a beautiful old house with tables in different rooms on two floors we were relatively early so had no problem getting a table and as expected the rooms on the ground floor filled up quickly.

Service is good and attentive and the food ordered was good quality and arrived promptly despite being busy. The four of shared a vegetarian and a meat platter both of which was delicious. Mains were excellent and my Meen Kadombo which is a southern Indian dish was done for me with chicken and was beautifully spicy just the way I prefer my curry.

Overall a nice experience pricing here is very good

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CHELTENHAM
“Epic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Set in a wonderful building just outside of Cheltenham town centre with parking directly outside.
You walk in and the staff are there to open the door and greet you. We had booked and we seated immediately. Inside its very tastefully decorated, clean and elegant. All of the staff are very well dressed and super polite.
We had drinks then ordered popadoms, which came out within 5 minutes with onion, raitha and mango. I asked for lime pickle and they accommodated me.
The starter was sublime, the chicken cooked to perfection, moist and tasty. The main was even better, I had a chicken shashlik and it was the tastiest I have ever tasted. My partner had his usual chicken tikka but and nothing compared to this, our friend who is a seasoned indian food eater and a bit of a critique said it was epic - yes big words but he meant it.
The desserts were good too, we all had the mango sorbet with coconut and merangue, so tasty and a lovely palette cleanser after having so many big flavours. The bill was not extortionate, we expected to pay a lot of money for food and service of this quality, and we all cannot wait to return. An excellent evening was had by us all.
Thank you Spice Lodge.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheltenham, UK
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is such a pleasant experience for us that we try to visit at least once a week (except during race week!)
We always have a delightful time whether we choose daytime or evening. The staff are like family and we are always treated well. The food is delicious no matter what we choose to eat.

• Visited February 2014