“Superb food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 331 restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: No ordinary bistro, we offer delicious dishes made from the finest local and seasonal ingredients while enabling young people with disabilities the chance to gain real-life work experience.- Delicious bistro lunches and puddings- Morning coffee and traditional afternoon tea- Finest local and seasonal ingredients- Special dietary requirements catered for- Located at National Star College on The Cotswold Way - Free parking and wifi- Open 11am-4pm Monday-Friday, all year roundStar Bistro is a charitable initiative run by National Star Foundation and The Wiggly Worm.
Worcester
“Superb food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had one of the best meals ever! So please put any prejudice you may have to one side and try it! I know it looks more like a canteen than a restaurant, but don't let that put you off! The food is well worth it!
I had souffle as my main course; which was perfect. Like a recent reviewer I thought the bread was lacking salt - but it is baked on site, daily. How many other restaurants can boast that?
My white wine was delicious (although if I'm being picky, I would have preferred to drink it from a wine glass, rather than a tumbler!)
I had the white chocolate parfait for dessert which was presented beautifully and tasted sublime!
The service was excellent and at £14 for two superb courses, it can't be beaten!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Big Eat dining event - wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wonderful event at the Star Bistro last night organised by the ever effervescent Rob Rees. Jon & Helen of Lumiere concocted truly interesting canapés & starter course, Tom of Ellenborough Park Hotel created a delicious main course - blade of beef that just melted in the mouth. Pud of seasonal blackberry tart with a spiced orange jus - perfect. This should really be a review for all these wonderful Cheltenham restaurants - all deserve an Excellent Rating!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucestershire
“It is as good as the reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited at Half Term. No students so quiet, but I understand usually buzzy. And no students helping out in the restaurant, sadly. The room is rather like a canteen, but pleasantly light. Our waitress was charming and helpful, with a beautiful smile. The table setting had posh proper napkins, nice napkin rings, a bottle of water and a few fresh flowers. It was nice to have bread and butter also provided. My mushroom soup and Pondicherry bouillabaisse were phenomenal, the latter saffron yellow and accompanied by lovely fresh samphire. My wife and son also rated their choices. I was slightly less impressed by the bread - it looked lovely but both white and brown seemed a bit bland, perhaps lacking salt for health reasons. And we loved the almonds and pumpkin seeds in the crumble, though the apple might have been even nicer cooked a few more minutes, and we judged the pastry for pear tatin just undercooked.
One of the very best meals I have eaten this year. And at £20 for three or £14,for two courses lunch was snip. Thankyou!

Visited October 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great concept this venture is. We decided to try lunch here purely based on the previous outstanding reviews.

Ordinarily it’s probably not a venue you would easily find or be top of your list to try? Well it should be since it deserves all the praise it's receiving.

When you walk in ignore any preconceived ideas you may have or that it has the look of a open-planned modern cafeteria. It’s spotlessly clean, spacious and the service is truly remarkable.There is lots of space between tables so you can enjoy your meal without fighting for room.

We could have eaten any of the few courses offered on the set lunch menu. I opted for the gnocchi to start which was presented beautifully with perfectly fried sage leaves and long shavings of parmesan.

My main course was a delicious bouillabaisse with a coconut and curry base rather than the traditional one. It was so full of flavour.My wife adored the cheese soufflé she had, again it was cooked and served to perfection.

Even the fresh bread, baked on site, which was replenished between courses was perfect.

The first two courses were so filling that sadly I had no room for dessert, next time perhaps?

Coffee which was also extremely good is served with chocolates, again all produced on site.
The serving staff were so upbeat, overtly happy and their beaming smiles matched that of the food. It’s no wonder Star Bistro is featuring so favourably in the media.

We were delighted with our lunch and will revisit again. The number of times we have driven up and down Birdlip Hill and were oblivious to its existence. Well we know its there now............and so do you!

Even if we do not have time for lunch we will be calling in for one of the delicious looking sandwiches and a cup of coffee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cotswolds UK
“Cotswold's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Like most others we found this place by accident. It is essentially a smart canteen (18 months old) for the National Star College which helps the disabled better themselves and into employment.

It is such a warm place that the food and service are just fantastic. You just want it to succeed!

BUT why keep quiet about it.advertise and do some marketing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere