“Surprisingly good !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 345 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
cheltenham
“Surprisingly good !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Have passed this place many times and always had second thoughts about going in.Don't ask me why it's just instinct.( I think it might be because I wasn't sure if the Thai food was authentic enough)
Found myself near The Vine and was starving at 6 pm of an evening so popped inside for a takeaway as I was aware they did Thai food but hadn't been before.It's a pub, nothing wrong with that and has a sort of bohemian (that might not be entirely right) feel to it with pine tables and chairs etc.It has a "green" feel about it with hand written chalk boards, plants ,yellow walls.Fine.
Ordered my grub,fairly priced, pretty similar menu to most Thai menu's and waited 10 minutes or so to be served.Staff were nice, took the grub home and was impressed
.The tom yam seafood soup was better than good. I've eaten this soup in many different ways A mixture of seafood mussels,calamari etc Had some heat to it too! Also I ordered a Gai Krapow,with rice.Tasty enough.
I'm looking at my empty plate now so apologies for my incorrect first thoughts !
i would recommend this eatery

I

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I eat and drink in The Vine regularly. The food is always good and I've never been disappointed. As a vegetarian I sometimes struggle to find options in Cheltenham, The Vine has an excellent selection so I never get bored. They also have the good selection of ciders on draft and a variety of spirits to keep everyone happy! The staff are friendly and the whole pub has a nice relaxing feel. I recommend it to everyone!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have eaten here on a couple of occasions, both of which everyone I was with loved their food!! the atmosphere is great as well, and I love the lighting! You expect it to be just another pub but they do fantastic Thai food!! Brilliant!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Very good Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate here again last night after the cinema and once again the food was very good. Freshly cooked and tasty, served with a smile plus three real ales to choose from - what more could one ask for on a chilly evening?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Authentic Tasty Thaipub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having been to Thailand I can say that the food here is authentic and delicious along with excellent service and friendly bar staff. The Pad Thai was amazing; with lots of meat and fresh veg and the Green Curry was the best I have eaten outside Thailand, with fabulous favours and a nice fiery kick. All the meat they use is local and the Chicken is free range which is nice and reassuring in light of recent events. The place had a relaxed atmosphere with great music and a good mix of diners and drinkers, this place is not a restaurant but definitely has restaurant standards.

• 5 of 5 stars Food