“Gluten free cakes!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 344 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional, homemade scones, cakes, soups, quiches and more in this family-run tea room, in one of Cheltenham’s earliest shops. A unique experience taking tea amongst decorative antiques and textiles, a feast for the eyes and appetite. Vegetarian and gluten free options available.We are also able to cater for Private Parties, Hen Parties and Club meetings. Please get in touch with us and we would be happy to help.
lancaster
“Gluten free cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Visited after some good reviews on trip advisor. I have been a coeliac for 5 years and do not have many sweet treats! Shared tea and gluten free cakes with the family ! They were excellent and I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between gluten free and non gluten free cakes in the cafe. Excellent cakes and excellent service thank you.

• Visited August 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is my absolute favourite place to eat in Cheltenham. From the friendly and chatty staff to the cheap but tasty food, I really can't fault it. Value for money here is superb, the food is always lovely - especially the lemon curd cake! There is always some new knick-knack to look at - and if you can manage the steps the Christmas shop downstairs is well work a look! My only complaint would be that sometimes they are closed - but as a family run business I can't blame them for that!

• Visited August 2013
Malvern, England, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a lovely girly afternoon tea with friends The tearoom is such a quirky venue - so typically English. There was a lovely mismatch of china which just added to the atmosphere. We chose the afternoon tea from a simple but good value for money menu. The afternoon tea was a delight. A lovely selection of fresh sandwiches was followed by a great variety of cakes - oh yes, + scones, meringues and macaroons! The staff were helpful and attentive but not intrusive. We completely lost track of time - always a good sign!

Stoke on Trent
“Beautiful tea room and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had lunch at the tea room on the 20th July and it had been closed for two weeks for major work and this was the first day of reopening. We chose this tea room due to the brilliant reviews on this website and yes it is as excellent as the reviews give it credit for. All the menu is good value for money and we had the quiche which was lovey and a huge slab of homemade chocolate with clotted cream which was to die for. The service was excellent and the staff were very engaging and personable. The tea room itself is fabulous inside and has loads and loads of antiques and nic naks to view. We would recommend this delightful place to anyone who visits Cheltenham and we will visit next time we are in time. Well done!! and I nearly forgot to say make a reservation as we were very lucky to get a table which says it all :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfectly English, award-winning cakes and always the best service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming here since I moved to Cheltenham a year ago and my friends organised a surprise birthday/engagement party here in Feb (which was superbly catered for). I've been bringing house guests here since. From the named teapots and vast variety of gorgeous cakes to the great value for money and always caring service (I'm pregnant and and brought complimentary waters and even the homemade lemonade whenever I'm in there), this really is the benchmark for the perfect family-run tea rooms.