“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cheltenham
northampton
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This beats the lot, rooms have everything,quality and taste, and staff go to extremes to make your stay memorable without being overbearing. Unique and totally the best place I ve ever stayed, not even mentioning how fabulous the cuisine is.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here, our teams work hard to give guests the best possible experience and we are delighted to receive this feedback. Thank you.
Ellenborough Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband booked this rather grand hotel as a surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary. What a treat. The whole experience was superb from arrival through to departure. Staff exceptionally helpful. Bedroom pure luxury and comfort. Food delicious. Surroundings breathtaking. Lots of little extras too, complimentary newspaper, rose petals sprinkled on the 4-poster bed, mints/water left in the car for journey home. Even if I tried very hard, I couldn't find the smallest niggle - Perfect venue for a romantic weekend in every sense of the word.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on achieving your 20th anniversary. We are delighted that you and your husband had such an enjoyable celebration here at Ellenborough Park and that every aspect created such a romantic experience for you both. We look forward to seeing you for your 21st.
Lot-et-Garonne, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. Check in was great and very personal. My room was situated in the Mews and was well appointed. The decor is rather more chintzy and fussy than I would choose myself but the room was really clean and comfortable. The bed was fantastic and the bathroom gorgeous. There was a separate sitting area and 2 TV's (not that I used them!). Less positively, there was no trouser press though and I was shocked that one had to pay for mineral water. Even in Holiday Inn the mineral water is included!

Just a note about accessibility: even though the mews rooms are new the staircase up to mine was very narrow and very steep. I don't have accessibility issues and even I nearly slipped on the stairs. You might want to think about which room you select.

Dinner was good but not amazing. The highlight was my beef which was delicious. Breakfast was unremarkable although the service a bit overbearing.

There is only one real downside to this hotel and that is the fitness suite. It's tiny! Not much bigger than a bedroom. Initially I was told that I couldn't use it before 09:00 as there was a bedroom above it - obviously far too late if one wants to workout before work. However, the in-room information said it was open from 06:00 and the room was vacant anyway. There were 3 of us trying to use the suite and it was almost embarrassingly intimate due to lack of space. The equipment is very basic. Hotels are sometimes reluctant to invest in gyms as they aren't seen as revenue generators but this one is possibly one of the worst I've seen on my travels. It's a shame because its otherwise a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your very interesting review of Ellenborough Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed your one night stay on route south, and you found your experience so enjoyable. Chef will be delighted that you enjoyed your dinner so much. Thank you also for your comments regarding your room we will look into this.
We look forward to seeing you here again.
South West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The best day of my life was spent at the beautiful Ellenborough Park on 19.9.13. I chose the Ellenborough for my wedding because looking around at venues nothing compared. The hotel is a very old country manor house with new additions that fit together beautifully. The grounds are perfectly kept and tended too with great attention to detail.
Our wedding was planned to perfection by the events co-ordinator Louise (massive thank you) from start to finish. The level of service and attention to detail was phenomenal, polite courteous and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble, if we asked for something there was no quibbling it was just done. Perfect examples of excellent customer focus.
The food was brilliant, high quality tasty and plentiful. This isn't just because they where pulling out all the stops because of the occasion, lunch here the week previous was just as good.
The room we had (room 40) was spacious, the bed huge, comfy sofa and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was the same size, excellent. Super clean and fresh, big fluffy towels and lovely shampoo and shower gel bits in the shower. The attention to detail is 100%.
This is a fantastic hotel, I cannot say that enough. We felt very special and very looked after. A huge thank you to Ellenborough Park!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 40, it's got character, it's huge. Definitely book room 40.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Firstly, congratulations on your wedding we hope you will be very happy. Thank you for your very kind comments concerning your experience here I am delighted that you felt special and well looked after. We look forward to seeing you here to celebrate your first anniversary.
Shipman, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ellenbrorogh Park is a first rate hotel. Everything about it is first class. The service is the best I've seen in a hotel. Everyone was helpful, kind and professional. The porters who act as tourist advisors were extremely helpful. I went walking one day and came back with muddy boots. A room cleaner got me slippers, and cleaned my boots which ended up cleaner than they were at first.
The rooms were large and CLEAN and sparkling. The beds were comfy and the pillows and duvet were cozy. the food was very good too, and all the servers in the restaurant were professional. I give Ellenborough Park top grades.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your stay here at Ellenborough Park. All teams concerned will be delighted to see your review. We work very hard to provide high quality and consistent service and we are always delighted when we achieve this.
We look forward to seeing you in the Cotswolds on your next visit.

Greenhithe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Attended a family wedding which was held here. Nice venue in nice surroundings. Downside no lift in the main building and we struggled with the stairs being elderly. Very overpriced for Bed and Breakfast did not feel that what we were charged was justifiable would not stay again due to cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry that your stay was not as you expected. The main house dates back to the 15th century and due to planning regulations we are not allowed to have a lift in this part of the property. I hope this did not take away from your enjoyment of your family wedding.

Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a wonderful 5 night stay. It was everything my wife and I had hoped for. Terrific staff, great meals, and the most comfortable room. From this location, we were able to visit all of the incredibly picturesque villages and countryside we came to see. I don't like to drive in the wrong lane and navigate the roundabouts so we hired Kevin Medcraff of K.C.M. Executive Chauffeur Service for 3 days and he shuttled us back and forth from the London airport to Ellenborough Park and our London hotel at checkout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your for your very favourable review. We are delighted that your stay here in the Cotswolds was so enjoyable and that everything about the Hotel pleased you.
When you come back to the UK we look forward to seeing you here again.
Ellenborough Park

Been to Ellenborough Park? Share your experiences!