“Delicious and authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly opened Turkish Restaurant/ Day Snack Bar in old Cheltenham Inn.
Stroud
“Delicious and authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great evening in this lovely authentic retaurant. They are so friendly and welcoming. The meze of starters was dekicious, and main course mouth wateringly good. The Baclava is an absolute must. I hope we will be going back very soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious food in a lovely family environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times and would rush back again. Not only is the food authentic and tasty, but the owners are lovely and welcoming. I couldn't agree more with the previous comments on the baklava.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucestershire
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have been there twice in the last month, the food was excellent both times. Four of us had a variety of dishes. The service was both good and friendly without being over bearing. Will definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Fair to middling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm a bit torn about this review: On the one hand the Baklava I had is amongst the best I've ever tried - and I've tried it all over the world! The owner Achmed, is friendly and interesting. However, the starter and main courses were just "OK", - not good enough for me to recommend. Certainly my calimari and bread came straight from the freezer by way of the microwave. The main mixed kebab meal came without any salad at all which is unique in my experience.

Would I go again? Probably if and when I'm next in Cheltenham. Perhaps it was an off night and as I said the food was OK, just not brilliant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Baklava to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We love Middle Eastern food and were not disappointed on our recent visit to Angora.
The owners are so welcoming and made us feel at home immediately, we were delighted with a range of delicious mezze followed by equally yummy kebabs. The best however was yet to come and we almost didn't order dessert as we were so full from the previous courses.
The baklava was amazing, oozing with syrup and pistachio nuts - I would go back just for that alone it was so delicious.
Thoroughly great meal.