“A pleasant return to Cheltenham” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fitness Club Included!
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Cheltenham
Hampshire UK
“A pleasant return to Cheltenham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great time in Cheltenham over the jubilee weekend so thought we'd have another weekend break and stay at The Strozzi Palace as the reviews on here are generally good. The arrival procedure was a piece of cake with easy parking just down the road and access to the building and suite by key code.

We had a few minor critisisms:

I'd phoned ahead to make sure there were champagne glasses and an ice bucket and was told there would be, but only glasses were present;

the pillows were cheap lumpy foam so we asked if feather pillows were available and were told someone would go out and buy some... when we returned later, there was one feather pillow between the two of us... a little bizarre to say the least;

the self catering inventory was limited with only one or two of each item of cutlery and crockery...

As I say, small niggles but for the price you would expect a little more than we got.

Cleanliness and decor generally good (there was some hair in the drawer under the basin in the bathroom)... the suite was quiet and comfortable.

Would we stay again? Possibly, but not at the price we paid on this occasion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the Napoli suite for two nights this bank holiday and loved it, works well as serviced apartments the staff we encountered we're very friendly and the decor and location were perfect
Will use again if need to return to cheltenham

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stratton, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Can't rate the Strozzi high enough - an excellent alternative to staffed hotels. Simple coded entry system, nearby parking, all you could want from a suite, and fresh milk in the fridge!

The rooms were clean, tidy and stylish. iPhone/iPod dock, tv in living room and bedroom. Just excellent really.

Room Tip: Try to book a room at the back of the Palace as the road can be a little noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in one of the small rooms here for five nights. Although I'd seen the reviews I didn't have huge expectations - after all it was "just an appartment"

Wrong

It was a really great experience. All the bookings etc went really smoothly and I got a text with the passcode for the door. The room itself was the smallest in the block but a decent size all the same and perfect for a business trip with a desk and plenty of storage space and so on. Room was really well appointed, immaculately clean with a large shower room, and I loved the sliding roof. What sets it apart though is the service;-

Normal Stuff :I'm so used to the two biscuits in a packet and those horrible little milk things you get for coffee. When I arrived there was fresh fruit, a pint of milk, bread, a litre of fresh fruit juice and the like, all quality stuff from M&S. During the week nice bits of cheese, croissants and fruit arrived in the fridge - all nice touches that made the stay, I even began to look forward to getting back in the evening to see what had been provided!

Unusual stuff : Some glitch meant my passcode didn't work when I arrived back at the appartment at 10pm one evening. As there is no reception etc I had some worries. But no hassle, I rang them, they gave me a new passcode there and then and rest things for me, all within 60 seconds. First class service.

Other things, great central location, yet pretty quiet (apart from a few seaguls who decided the glass roof was a good place to hold a 5am party a couple of times) Car park is pretty close by, as are a few restaurants and indeed the town centre.

I usually stay in mainstream budget hotels when working, I must confess I was unsure about statying in an apartment - and if you are then don't be! I will absolutely make a point of staying here again and can wholeheartedly recommend Strozzi Palace.

Room Tip: Not sure of the seagulls are a regular feature, if they are then a first floor room would avoid thei...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in the Amalfi Suite, which I believe is the second smallest, but was perfectly adequate. The rooms are very well appointed – we had a separate lounge/kitchen, bedroom and wetroom. Very comfortable bed and linens. Would definitely stay here again although would try to get a suite located at the back of the building (Napoli and Tuscany I believe) as we were awoken a number of times throughout the night by noisy revellers on their way home. There is no double glazing and so the noise levels are quite high in the front facing rooms. Given the luxury nature of the accommodation I was surprised that bathrobes were not provided and I think this is something management should consider. The entry system is great though and the parking is very nearby which is a bonus. Continental breakfast is very good, although we were not provided with bread and had to buy some from the nearby Tesco. Not sure if this was just an error. Overall a very well run “hotel” in a great location and one we would definitely stay at again.

Room Tip: Book one of the back suites for a good nights sleep (Napoli or Tuscany I believe)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great location, spotlessly clean, delicious continental breakfast, excellent and welcoming owners/managers. Not to mention reasonable room rates too.

We booked three suites and they were all on the top floor. This was great for our family who were in and out of our rooms changing and getting ready for a formal reception.

Parking was great too and included when booked on the internet. Highly recommended. Thank you to the Strozzi Palace Team.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

me and my huband stayed here for our 1st anniversary, luxury rooms which are nice and private, and great location. would recomend to others!! Fantastic!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Strozzi Palace Boutique Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!