“Good local knowledge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whiteshoots Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bourton-on-the-Water
Whiteshoots Cottage
You added Whiteshoots Cottage to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Whiteshoots Hill, Bourton-on-the-Water GL54 2LE, England   |
Perth, Australia
“Good local knowledge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Verian was the perfect host and was very helpful and friendly and offered lots of local knowledge which helped us plan our next destination. The rooms were spotless and even though a little out of town it was a lovely walk into the village to have dinner which offered numerous lovely little places to eat.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

A visit to the Cotswolds was this years' annual trip enjoyed by my dad and I. I had no preconceptions about any aspect of the trip as I wanted to enjoy a surprise for a change. Dad's choice of accomodation was just perfect, I adored the place!!!
The location was just out of town - within riverside walking distance - and set upon a low hill overlooking beautifull countryside. Our room definately boasted the best view as I could open my curtains in the mornings and be rewarded with the sight of fields, greenery, a horse grazing in his paddock and rabbits at play. We saw pheasants in the garden too. The sunset on the horizon was enchanting also.
Our room was bright being double-aspect, airy and tastefully decorated in a country cottage style. The hospitality tray was well stocked, good TV/DVD, very cosy beds, hairdryer and the en-suite bathroom was perfect for anyones' needs. The shower was amazing! Plenty storage for our clothing and luggage too.
The breakfast (included) was enough to keep us going until mid afternoon as Verian, the host, certainly filled us up with a hearty Full English. I enjoyed morning breakfast as we sat and chatted in the relaxed atmosphere.
The host herself, Verian, was a really lovely lady whom I will never forget for her kindness and generosity. She was key in the enjoyment of our stay and I'd like to think she realises that :)

Room Tip: Ask for the one facing the horse paddock to get the beautiful view and sunset.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My daughter and I enjoy an annual break together. This was our first in the Cotswolds and we could not have picked a better B&B particularly its down to earth and generous host, Verian. She went the extra mile to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The twin room was spacious, airy and the beds were very comfortable, and the quality full English breakfast set us up for the day. The only downside was that we never booked that extra day, not that Verian could not fit us in (she could have) but we had already made prior domesitc arrangements for us to return home to. I hope to visit Whiteshoots again with my wife later this year or early next.

Room Tip: Ask for the front room which gives a countryside view of the nearby village of Bourton not to menti...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

A trip to England is incomplete without a stay in the country. That is what we said when decided to extend with 3 days our travel in Uk. After we decided about the area (some friends recommended as being superb) Burton Cotswolds not far from London (it is a 2,5 hour drive) we made option to Whiteshoots Cottage. Practically it was our second choice and because when we contacted the first we received unclear info and an unpleasant attitude we booked in a very operative way at Whiteshoots Cottage.
It turned out that this second option had to be the first:
We stayed in the room 2 at the first floor. Very clean and simply arranged in a English country traditional puritan manner. The flat screen and WiFi worked perfect. The room is medium size with a clerestory window, Wc and shower.
Breakfast was English and we had one of the best scrambled eggs that we ever eat. I strongly recommend the cooked breakfast, there is plenty to choose from the warm dishes.
Very helpful owner, he even called us to make sure we arrive and we find the way and waited us even if we were bit late.
Overall a perfect, relaxing experience recommended to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I thought we'd try a B&B in Cotswolds, instead of the usual bland hotel,
where the staff often don't care!
What a great choice, this gorgeous cottage is in a perfect spot, great views, easy stroll into
Bourton, close to Stow.
The room was perfect and bed so comfy, I think I had my best nights sleep in ages.

Verian was so nice, fun, friendly and gave us loads of advice on what to see.
We were set for the day with a particularly good breakfast.
Definately come again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at the Whiteshoots Cottage in February Half Term and we were all very warmly welcomed. The Cottage has fantastic views and Verian could not be a better hostess! Her knowledge and advice of the local area was second to none. Our stay was faultless! The Full English breakfast was fresh and perfectly cooked and very very tasty! Which I always think is very important with 3 boys, who all have very healthy appetites! The option of plentiful toast, jams and cereal was also available. I stayed with my husband and 3 boys and we all wished we could stay longer! We stayed in the family room and it was very clean and well furnished. The beds were very comfortable. We are planning a trip in the summer holidays and we are all very much looking foward to staying again! We would definately highly recommend anyone to stay in this lovely B & B!

Room Tip: Family Room was very comfortable!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed for 1 night in the family room (£130 including breakfast). I'd say everything was OK but certainly not worth £130. Verian was more concerned than getting us out than anything else (I think she had some horse event going on). Family room could do with a repaint (see photo of bathroom light switch).
Breakfast was Ok if you like very thin "iceland" style sausages, Im afraid I dont.
My main concern was that the smoke sensor in the reception area was covered with a plastic bag, surely this is against the law (see photo) ?

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay again
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Whiteshoots Cottage? Share your experiences!