“Wish I could live here...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bibury Court

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bibury
Bibury Court
You added Bibury Court to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bibury Court, Bibury GL7 5NT, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bibury
Tampa
“Wish I could live here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Staying here was a highlight of my three-week holiday in England, Edinburgh, and Paris. The hotel is a visual feast and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and well-cared for. I stayed for two nights in "Barebones," each room being given its own name instead of number. The room has a view over the entrance courtyard and to the south where the River Coln gently flows past, and a separate view out to the east lawn, gardens, and beyond up the hill where sheep and spring lambs grazed. Quintessential English countryside. The only noise came from the occasional people entering or leaving the hotel, and that's because the weather was so beautiful I kept the windows flung open wide. I genuinely felt like a queen staying in that room. The room is shown in the hotel's website slide show. And the bathroom!!! Huge shower, long & deep soaking tub, both of which I took full advantage. The breakfast was delicious and offered much more than the standard full English breakfast. I enjoyed smoked salmon one morning. I also ate in the hotel's dining room my first evening there. The chef's creations and the service by all the wait staff fully measured beyond any expectations I had. The only reason I did not return to eat there the next evening was due to not feeling well the second day of my stay. A medical condition I suffer from raised its ugly little head, and I cut my sightseeing short to return to my room mid-afternoon. I wasn't even sure what I felt like eating. There is a bar in the hotel that offers lighter, casual fare, so I headed down there to see if they had soup. My waiter from the evening before -- Dan -- saw me and asked if there was anything he could get me. I shared quietly that I wasn't feeling well, and only wanted some soup or cooked vegetables or something to take back to my room. He said "You go back to your room, and I'll have the chef prepare something and bring it up to your room shortly." Within 20-30 minutes, he was at my door with a tray of delicious soup, roasted fresh vegetables, and a few crackers. Talk about feeling well taken care of!! Dan went above and beyond. The village of Bibury is so beautiful, and Bibury Court itself simply extended that beauty, but for me, it's all about the people, and every person I encountered represented the village and hotel very well. I can't wait to take my husband next time and return.

Room Tip: Beautiful eastern light in the morning for this room, with a southern exposure, too, but it overlook...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The Cotswold is a beautiful place to visit and the village of Bibury is spectacular. Bibury Court Hotel was the perfect place to stay. Our rooms were extremely large with a very comfortable four poster bed. 5/5 for bedroom quality. We had our evening meal at the Hotel, food was very nicely presented and excellent service but the menu was limited. I had fish which was nicely cooked but lacked seasoning. Reasonably priced wine and good choice. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of choice. I would definitely stay again if i was in the area

• Stayed May 2013
Fairford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Looking forward to my son's 40th by way of a Sunday lunch at this outstanding picturesque
Hotel was thwarted by incompetent staff and worse management.
1.30 sunday lunch was booked only to be changed by by hotel staff to 2pm which we happily accepted. Arrived 1.40 to pre lunch drinks having advised staff of our arrival only to be advised at 2pm by teenage barmaid that they had run out of meat and would be unable to honour our reservation and added that they had no record of said reservation even though they had contacted us to change said reservation. The coward of a manager obviously did not have the guts to tell us himself?
What we found totally surprising that a so called prestigious hotel could not accommodate six people they had mistakenly failed to book the reservation to a Sunday lunch from their kitchen provisions,
Our only conclusion we came to was the chef must have thrown a tantrum on being requested to accommodate six extra customers through their own fault and refused this request which meant we did not celebrate this birthday with an expensive lunch, but actually was unable to find anywhere else at this short notice and time and went without.
Bibury Court Hotel not only failed to honour their booking for six but failed to send a senior manager to advise this and apologise, and completely failed to remedy the situation. What a bunch of amateurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Didcot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have written before about this place, where we have enjoyed several short breaks. By staying for three or more nights, we get exceptionally good terms. Our room is always clean and comfortable, and we appreciate the period atmosphere in spacious lounge and dining rooms. We find the food excellent, although for ourselves we sometimes wish for an older style of presentation at dinner.
It is quite true, as others have noted, that things do go wrong, though the effect is not usually disastrous. On this occasion, four of the wines I chose at one meal turned out in succession to be exhausted. I expect the situation is now corrected; I was assured that the cellar was in the course of being completely re-stocked, with a wide range of wines. I think the problems were due to what seemed a deliberate policy of fairly rapid staff turnover - maybe that will change under the new management. The staff always seemed to me to be courteous and to enjoy their work; they may have chosen to get some experience, and then move on to better jobs elsewhere.
We are already thinking of a second, and quite possibly a third, visit later this year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We took some friends to the Bibury Court for lunch. We arrived to find they only served a basic lunch menu and the wine we ordered (our first and second choice) was unavailable. We asked for a starter and we were told this was not possible. The waiter was incredibly surly and told us the chef was very unhappy with us for ordering a starter. The food as it turned out was ok but the overall experience was disappointing. There is clearly a managerial issue here and a lot of work required to bring this up to the standard required. Mean while skip this place and go straight to the Village Pub for a great meal and service.

• Stayed May 2013
bromsgrove worcs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Bibury Court hotel is a really beautiful hotel.
It is run with real old fashioned charm.This is quite refreshing to have experienced in these days of large chain hotels in which visitors remain anonymous and the staff indifferent.
The bedrooms are truly well presented with each one being different from the others yet maintaining the same comfort and charm.
Fluffy towels and bathrobes provided add a touch of luxury as do the quality furnishings.
Food,staff and the gorgeous setting make staying here an absolute pleasure.
I shall definitely return.

Room Tip: If one is elderly or infirm this is not the place to stay. Two floors high and no lift,also steps t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is an extraordinary hotel. It is a fabulous historical building in beautiful gardens in a village to die for - so it shouldn't be hard to get it right. But there is something fundamentally wrong with the way it is run. Most of the staff do their best and are charming - but not all of them and it's hard luck on the people who get them at check in or check out. I witnessed one couple being accused of leaving without paying when they had in fact settled their bill the night before checking out. There was no apology for the the embarrassment of falsely accusing them in front of their friends. The food is ambitious but doesn't always quite live up to description or expectation and service can be very slow. The rooms are mostly excellent but are not all as well appointed or as basically functional as they should be in a hotel of this class. The overall impression was that this is a tourist hotel which relies on people coming to the Cotswolds who want to stay in a historical building. If things go wrong with their stay then its no problem because they wouldn't be coming back anyway - so basically if it looks the part such people will keep booking in and it doesn't really have to deliver. The owners need shaking up as it could and should be first class

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs to the top floor - and no lift - so book a first floor room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bibury Court? Share your experiences!