“So disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Art Galleries, Art Museums, Museums
Colchester, United Kingdom
“So disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is advertised as an art & craft centre. Well I am sorry to say that buying in so called arty products from national companies such as Bomb Cosmetics is not art and craft!!
There were a couple of second hand stands there, still not art & craft!
There were some rather nice painting shops and yes these are art craft!
I would not buy kitchen utensils from here either, they are not art & craft!
A wooden clothes horse tht you can buy in Tesco for a 1/4 of the price is not art & craft
Finally, it is extremely rude and unprofessional to eat food whilst at your stands.This is a basic tenet of the retail trade I would not visit your stands out of principal, I would rather another stand holder came & said that the owner was at lunch, can I call back?

Visited February 2013
Miriam C, Owner at Dedham Art & Craft Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I’m very sorry you were unhappy.

These days the Centre is advertised as being a mix of artisans and specialist retailers – it has evolved a great deal from its pure art & craft beginnings. The ground floor is home to an entirely separate business – an interiors store, which does not sell arts and crafts at all.

I do think we have rather more art & crafts than you give us credit for, though. At the moment we have 17 artists exhibiting their work at the Centre, and 15 crafts people. To give just two examples, we have a lady who specializes in logcabin patchwork, and another who designs and makes teddy bears. There is a full list of the unit holders on our website.

I apologise if there was someone eating their sandwiches on the day you visited. Unfortunately, when the Centre is busy it is difficult for us to leave the desk.

norfolk
“A great afternoon out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a regular to this shop must say a lot. I love the variety and is a great place to bring any friends or relatives that are staying with. As a vegatarian the restuarant is great and I love the cakes!
Dedham itself is a village straight from miss marple and hasnt changed, which is its charm. In the summer the boats are a good laugh to go down the river, or take a picnic and dedham is also good for a xmas prezy or two.

Visited December 2012
Miriam_Clark, Owner at Dedham Art & Craft Centre, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Craft Centre and for your generous comments which I will share with the rest of the team. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope you will find the opportunity to come and see us again soon.

Kind regards
Miriam
Colchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Arty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have coffee here often, quaint, good coffee and home made cakes. Its privately owned and she runs a tight ship, as I say quaint . The craft centre is good too.

Visited January 2013
Essex
4 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's in an old church over 3 floors , lots of stuff to look at and buy , sometimes random stuff but worth having a good look around . It has a cafe but we didn't use it , but it seemed to be busy with it being nearly full up

Visited November 2012
Nottinghamshire
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Really quaint craft centre lots of lovely things to buy situated in a lovely village with cafe inside

Visited December 2012