“Fantastic Bar!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wellington Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaford
The Wellington Hotel
You added The Wellington Hotel to your Saves list
33 Steyne Road, Seaford BN25 1HT, England   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Seaford B&B and Inns
Leigh-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Walked in whilst staying in the area for a weekend - over 12 real ales on tap and a fantastic selection of white and dark spirits as well as ports. Tried the 'cook your own' steak experience and thought it a good idea - try complaining after cooking it yourself! Food was good and relaitively quick service - we ate at the bar. Would definitely return there should we revisit Seaford.

Room Tip: Didn't stay so cannot comment
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seaford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Called here at lunchtime to celebrate my friends birthday. We were the first people in at noon and ordered two coffees and a brandy and asked for the lunch menu. We were told they are not doing food at lunchtime at the moment!!! Great. So I paid for the coffees and he said he would bring them over. So we waited....... He then served a man with a pint of beer and disappeared - I thought to get my coffee. So we waited..... The man went back to the counter and waited.... and then banged on the bar and waited...... and then went round the back to find the barman. Still no coffee. The man's pint was OFF and the barman had gone to change the barrell. Still no coffee......and then......it came. Lukewarm. How disappointing. I had heard good reports of this place but was less than impressed. Lukewarm coffee bad beer and no staff.......shame.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Emma L, Manager at The Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Susan,

May I first of all apologise for your bad experience at the Wellington Hotel. We take every review very seriously so I was extremely concerned to discover that you did not enjoy your visit.

All of our staff are highly trained and professional and I will be speaking in person to the barman you refer to and can assure you that this will not happen again should you decide to revisit. We pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide and the reputation we have evidently acquired and I can only apologise again for the bad service you received.

Regarding your reference to non service of lunch, I'm afraid we only serve lunch from Friday to Sunday, this has been the case for over 2 years now and although I completely understand your disappointment, it is clearly advertised thoughout the building and on our website.
Just to clarify and to avoid any further disappointment, our hours of food service are:

Mon - Thurs: 6 - 9pm only

Fri - Sat: 12 - 3pm and 6 - 9pm

Sun: 12 - 4pm only

However, I am very pleased to inform you that we will be introducing a weekday lunchtime menu in the New Year so perhaps if you would be willing to give us another chance we might be able to redeem ourselves and prove that we are worthy of the fantastic reviews we have so far recieved.

Should you decide to return please make yourself known to me so I can apologise in person.

Kind Regards,

Emma
Wolfsberg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you prefer a real pub with a bit of atmosphere rather than those stuffy hotels, then this is your place! I stop here on business quite a lot, and I like it.....a lot! As there are only 4 rooms, I really should be writing a terrible review - because then it guarantees me a room - but obviously I can't do that :-)
First and foremost this is a real English pub. It has a bar to die for with 10 real ales on draught. The whisky collection is extensive and the wines are really good value.
The food is decent pub food and there is the twist of using the grill and cooking your own steak.
The rooms are comfortable with TV and tea/coffee.
In terms of location, The Wellington is located a 100 metres from the lovely shail beach, and right on the edge of the town centre. Nearby are lots of restaurant choices and a good shopping area.
I really liked the fact that (full English) breakfast is included as well as cereals, fruit and yoghurts. I also got a free morning newspaper of my choice.
One thing I need to mention again is the bar area with all those lovely real ales...............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
wells, Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a lovely hotel!. The staff were fantastic right from the outset, smiling, friendly and welcoming. We stayed for onr night as we wwere in the area but wish it had been for more. A particular mention must go to Mickey who helped advise us on how best to cook our steaks on the 'cook your own' barbi. He was really friendly and told us the history of the hotel. Our room was spotless and large with a lovely ensuite. The breakfast was one of the best we have had in all our hotel stays and we loved the restaurant and the atmosphere in the bar in the evening. We will definitely go back. Would highly recommend! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room above the restaurant overlooking main road but we were not disturbed by any no...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We came to Seaford to do the South Coast Triathlon. The hotel was conveniently located around the corner from where the triathlon was taking place. The room was very big with a good size ensuite bathroom. The facilities were fantastic most notably the different fruity flavoured teas, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gels (which was useful as my husband forgot to bring his). Breakfast was included and we had the full English vegetarian option which was sumptious and gave us enough energy for our triathlon. We could glimpse the sea from our room and it caught the sun for most of the day. The only thing that keeps me from giving this hotel five stars is that we were right above the pub and the noise comes through until about 00:30. This isn't a problem if you're in the pub or don't need an early night; but we were getting up early the next day to do our triathlon. Overall, a friendly, welcoming place and we will be back next year when we do the triathlon again!

Room Tip: Request a room that is not above the pub.
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night and could not have wished for a better experience. In fact by accident I booked the wrong night on the internet only to receive a telephone call at 9.50 asking 'where are you'? When my mistake was realised, the booking was transferred to the correct night - no extra charge!! How often would that happen at one of the more 'exclusive' hotels? Little things like a free newsapaper matter and at breakfast when we enquired if we could have grapefruit juice (happy to pay) a jug arrived - no charge - within a couple of minutes. Big, clean room room, good pub with good beers. To try to find fault would be nit picking. Penny & Keith, Guildford

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding in nearby Alfriston, and needed a room for the night. As there was an air show on the same weekend almost everywhere was booked up, The Wellington was the only one with availability . So we took a chance and went for it. It was fantastic, so much better than your big name hotels. A lot more personal (staff very helpful and friendly ) and the service was so much better. The room was immaculately clean, tea coffe, bottled water and shower gel etc provided.
There was a complimentary newspaper of choice in the morning, followed buy a great full English breakfast served in a nice dining area. All in all I literally could not fault this place I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Wellington Hotel? Share your experiences!