“Anniversary Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great service, lovely food and we were given a momento of our visit in the shape of valentine's day hearts. Lovely!

Visited February 2013

80% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not really Thai food, more like English style chinese food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have visted Pailin before, the food was fine: not great but serviceable Thai in Nov 2011. This time we ordered a takeaway, the whole things was a bit of a rigmarole because the orders were mixed up and the person ahead of me was given my order. I had to wait in the restaurant for 30 minutes to have it recooked, but I wasn't in a hurry so no problem. But when we got the food home it was very disappointing. I ordered Beef Phad Khing which should be light and fragrant with lots of ginger, spring onions & fish sauce. I asked for Holy basil, which they didn't have: which is surprising as its pretty fundamental in many Thai dishes. What I received was similar to the English/Chinese dish Beef in blackbean, the texture of the sauce was brown & thick and there were black beans too. My husband ordered a duck curry which was a bit one note and very sweet with none of the other flavour notes: coconut/chilli/ginger you would usually expect from this dish. I was disappointed as I fell in love with Thai food in Thailand and this is nothing like real Thai food, but if you love English style Chinese food (I don't) you might like it. It's quite expensive: £28 for two starters and two main courses. The staff are lovely and friendly and were very apologetic about the takeaway mix-up. We now have to go to Brighton for Thai food so I hope someone spots a gap in the market soon

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was really excellent, the staff were very friendly staff and the atmosphere was very cosy. I can only recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewes, United Kingdom
“the best thai food you'll find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thai is my favourite food and Pailin is as good as it gets. P.J. the owner gives a warm welcome. Then your taste buds are in for a treat. If your in the area and you like Thai food. Then get there if you can.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hove, United Kingdom
“The best Mussaman in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been eating here as a family for probably 20 years and it's true to say that it's probably our favourite restaurant ( as a family) all things considered. The food is always excellent but the service can sometimes be a little slow, however we thoroughly recommend this restaurant and the family that run it are lovely people, always very welcoming.
It's the best Mussaman in Sussex.

• Visited November 2012