“A little gem tucked down a side street - BEST IN LEWES” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 80 restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Famiglia Lazzati is a small, family-run restaurant located just off Lewes High Street, serving authentic Italian food in a relaxed, friendly environment. High quality stone-baked pizzas, pasta and daily specials using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients such as risotto with roasted butternut squash, rocket and parmesan; zuppa di pesce with locally caught plaice, haddock, salmon, king prawns, mussels and calamari; sirloin steak with hand-cut chips. Extensive list of homemade desserts including tiramisu and panna cotta, and small but well-priced wine list. Friendly, efficient service. Ideal for romantic dinners, family lunches and special celebrations (separate dining area for groups).
east sussex
“A little gem tucked down a side street - BEST IN LEWES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Famiglia Lazzati is our favourite place to eat in Lewes. We don't live in Lewes and have to travel 8 miles to get there but it is always worth it.

Friendly service, consistently great food, lovely atmosphere and nothing too much trouble. Maro the owner has made it a very welcoming place to visit. The lasagne is superb and I had the best bowl of soup I have ever had in Lazzatis. Love the fresh tasty specials which often include really tasty fish dishes.

This restaurant is a real little gem and I would always choose an independent small restaurant over one of the numerous chains around. Why would you choose a chain that has about 100 items on the menu that you know has been brought in and FRESH from the freezer when you could choose great food freshly prepared with great service. Lazzatis is also very family friendly.

My only complaint - why didnt you open one in our town .... x

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the Chef came out to ask me how I liked my rissotto cooked and when it came it was superb. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, the food was delish. A wee bit pricey though. Will definitely we going again next tieme we are in Lewes.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lewes, United Kingdom
“The best family run restaurant in Lewes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I always enjoy the food at Lazzati's. It is plain, well cooked italian. Last night I had a lovely pizza & my husband lasagne. We started with a shared platter of assorted antipaste. The service was good and attentive despite the restaurant being full.

Visited May 2012
“Fabulous Famiglia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was recommended to try Famiglia on my short break in Lewes and I have nothing but high praise for this lovely restaurant. I had what must be the best Lasagne I have ever tasted, followed by the most exquisite pannacotta. The service. ambience and level of attention was just right too (this was a Tuesday and Wednesday night). And yes, I went back 2 nights running because it was so good. I enjoyed everything about it and thought the prices very reasonable too.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewes
“Negative Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was sorry to see that a member of my group put a very negative comment on this site and I feel it necessary to put a different point of view.
We eat regularly at this small privately owned restaurant, the food is to our taste, the service is friendly and informal and the price is within our budget. The glass of wine knocked over was an accident; the waitress apologised profusely and the fact that she didn’t immediately offer a replacement was more down to the fact that she was flustered. It was also suggested that my bread was hard and I needed oil to soften it. This is not accurate - I requested oil because I like to dip! Missing forks, yes, two forks were missing. Our food was not bland; my fish was excellent as was my husband’s calamari and pizza.
La Famiglia is always busy and the numbers of people who were trying to get in that night are a testament to it’s popularity amongst the Lewes community. As we like this restaurant we will be returning soon. Lewes as a town is very supportive of its small independents and I hope that the negative review will not do any damage to this business.

Visited April 2012