“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hastings House

You added Hastings House to your Saves list
Hastings House
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   9 Warrior Square, Hastings TN37 6BA, England   |
Ranked #10 of 51 Hastings B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed for a long bank holiday weekend at the end of May and was thrilled to bits with everything. Check in was friendly, quick and easy with a complimentary drink and lots of info provided on the local area and where to eat etc. We pre-booked a parking space at an extra charge and this was well worth doing. Our room (No. 7 - top floor) was just stunning, huge and spotlessly clean (and I am VERY fussy about cleanliness). The bathroom was gorgeous and provided everything you needed, loads of towels and toiletries (we found bathrobes and slippers in the wardrobe too) and the rainfall shower was lovely. The room has stunning views over the sea and the gardens - fabulous!! Breakfast was so, so good. Mr B had the full English and I enjoyed the French toast and don't miss the toast and marmalade - yummy!! Overall, we were hugely impressed by Hastings House and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, in fact we already have to various family members. We will definitely book again, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Room 7 has a fabulous sea view, lots of stairs up to it but worth every single one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at Hastings House. We were so well-treated, we would have liked to stay longer! I have a wheel chair and when I indicated that fact, Seng actually called me at home (Canada) to dioscuss how we could manage easily at his hotel. He even served breakfast in our room, so that I would not need to negotiate the stairs more than absolutely necessary. We appreciated the lovely room and the spectacular view of the sea. We also liked Dusty. We intend to return, when next we are in England.

Room Tip: We loved our view of the sea. The room was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Absolutely stunning both decor wise and from the fantastic welcome you get from Seng, Elisabeth and Dusty!
The Room was so tastefully decorated and fabulously clean ( yes I did run my finger over the slats on the blinds and not a speck of dust to be found! )
Loved the little touches - the disposable slippers and the robes ( although my Partner is a beefy builder and he could only just get his arms in leaving the robe wide open at the front!!!)
Breakfast was delicious and so beautifully presented with the freshest of meat and fresh crusty bread.
Just one criticism - We were in Room 0ne and the open - plan en suite is rather a strange phenomenon - i.e no door to separate from your sleeping accommodation - not very pleasant as we had both had an Indian Feast in the Evening! Also, the way the picture on the wall is positioned the other person can see your reflection in the glass as you "finish your ablutions"!!!! Not a room for anyone private about being on the toilet! I am sure I am not the first person to comment on this. My Partner used the toilet on the landing as a consequence!

Room Tip: Don`t Book Room One if you like your privacy whilst using the toilet ( see above )
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Hastings House is a beautiful small Hotel. The breakfast is absolut Top. The owner, Seng and Elisabeth are so lovely, both read you all wishes from the eyes. Seng told us every evening a nice r
retaurant and have made the reservation for us.
We could only say, thank you so much for the nice time-we come back!!!!!!!
Greetings from Johannes, Peter and Wolfgang

Room Tip: Please make the choice for the 3 big rooms !!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hastings House is right on the sea-front. For someone like me, from the middle of the UK, it was a real treat to be so close to the sea. Seng and Elisabeth are a really inviting couple and made us feel very welcome without being intrusive at all. The bed was really comfortable and the blackout blinds were a great idea. I slept like a log! Breakfast was fantastic. A good choice for a B and B, more like a hotel really. The place was spotlessly clean. Couldn't find any fault and can't wait to find an excuse to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

A great place for a short break room 5 with its view of the sea was beautifully done with a very comfy large bed and excellent bathroom. Seng the owner could not have been more helpful and all the staff were very friendly. Would recommend this to anyone who is visiting Hastings .

Room Tip: We were in room 5 on 2nd floor large room with good sea views . There was no swimming pool and we n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Never stayed in a "B&B" before but the reviews I read piqued my interest and I didn't fancy some of the more traditional seaside hotels to be found in the region.
I must say I was very impressed. Easy to find. Good location and great reception from Seng who gave me a local map and explained everything on my arrival. Where to eat. Where to walk etc.
The rooms are fab. Not spacious but very nicely decorated, especially the bathroom with a rain shower and large shower tray. Toiletries and bathrobe as standard. Flat screen TV and tea / coffee with a biscuit jar ! Everywhere was exceptionally clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the contemporary breakfast room was extremely good ( salmon and eggs for me ) but full English etc. available with plenty of toast and tea / coffee.
The whole place has an extremely good feel and Seng and his wife are extremely nice and friendly along with the resident dog.
Will definitely be staying here again if I find myself on the South Coast. Can highly recommend. Have stayed in London hotels with the same facilities for 5 times the price and not a patch on this.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are probably better and a bit bigger and you have a nicer view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hastings House? Share your experiences!