“Pure luxury!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Hastings
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Pure luxury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked the dinner, bed & breakfast mid week deal last minute with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. 50% off the price was taken over the phone as a deposit and the service was friendly, yet professional.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon. Having not been to Hastings for many years found the town looking very run down, but don’t be put off. As soon as you step into the Zanzibar it’s like stepping into a different world.

Very friendly check in service (I think the lady was called Monica) who assisted us to our room – Africa. Stairs are not an issue for us but worth noting if you struggle there is not a lift.

Our room was stunning and it’s little touches that make this place so special – dressing gowns, slippers, binoculars, iPod docking station etc. The room was very large. The bed massive and very comfortable. Clean to the highest standards. Basically everything you want from a hotel room!
The sea view and Jacuzzi bath give the wow factor.

The DVD library is also a nice touch.

We had breakfast in bed served to us in our room and it was perfect! Such a great selection – couldn’t fault anything.

Check out seemed early at 11am as we could have happily stayed all week!

Would highly recommended booking at stay here – it’s expensive but worth it. Also worth pointing out there is no car parking facilities! We were not aware of this before turned up and lucky found a free space along one of the back roads. You may have to park quite far from the hotel or pay at the nearest car park.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have stunning views over the English channel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the South American room on Friday night. It's probably the nicest hotel room we've stayed in, it's lush! The sea views are beautiful, the bed was massive and really comfy. The bath in the room is ace, so luxurious with the sea views. The toilet in the room might put people off but we've been together long enough for that not to be a problem!

The staff were really friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious which we ate in the room. It's not cheap but worth every penny - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for only one night in this hotel but we wished it was longer.
Although the first impression did not go too well - we arrived at 8pm and there was no receptionist! It rapidly improved.
I had booked the Penthouse and was amazed by the whole experience. The room was massive had a great view of the ocean directly in front and was furnished to an extremely high standard.
To have a room that includes a Jukebox, a fish tank table and a raised bathtub complete with water from the ceiling is a first in my experience and not what I was expecting.
Breakfast in the morning was served in your room and was first class.
The staff were very helpful and when we left were mortified that I had carried our luggage down the stairs alone. Speaking of stairs the only negative for the hotel was no lift and extremely steep stairs( particularly to the top floor) but this was a minor point only.
If you are looking to take a loved one somewhere a bit different and a bit special then the top floor of the Zanzibar will definitely fit the bill!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a group of friends celebrating a birthday. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful, the rooms were outstanding. I stayed in Bali which was beautifully decorated with everything I could want in it. Breakfast was amazing, no problem catering for our large party.the evening menu was small but well thought out, and i have to say the steak was best steak I have ever tasted. I hope to return soon.

Stayed April 2013
Sandgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My planned 50th birthday celebrations April 2013 - we booked 5 rooms for 10 guests.
First night we had our evening meal in the Zanzibar and it was excelllent we had the most fantastic food and every single meal was enjoyed we had plenty of good wine, cocktails and champagne and without exception my friends were all raving about the quality servce and surroundings. Breakfast was just perfect good quality hot well cooked food cooked fresh to everyones speciifc choice. We were not rushed our meals were relaxed. My guests had all travelled from various towns to celebrate with me and the rooms, the luxury. the views.and the bathing facilities were all with out doubt exceptional. The price felt a bit steep when we booked but we all agreed the experience of Zanzibar is honestly worth every penny and I would not hesitate to pay it again. I strongly recommend and even urge you to try Zanzibar if you are visiting Hastings or the local area. PS we went out to Fancy Dress on our second night and the staff accommadated us and our costumes extremely well ....

Room Tip: I was in Africa excellent ..... Antartica Excellent..... Bali smaller but lovely though close to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

i love this place, i first came to Zanzibar on valentines day a few years ago, it was my valentines gift from my boyfriend, we stayed in manhatten, since then me and my partner have stayed in every room, i cant get enough of this place, i love it so much i would stay there time and time again, even though ive already stayed in every room.
such a lovely hotel and no other place can beat it.
thanks to max and the gang....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

A good hotel, with great breakfast, great view, nice room.
Negative points: the window was not double-glazed and the road in front was noisy.
It was in an area that was not very nice, about 20 minutes from the town centre.
I thought it was slightly overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings? Share your experiences!