“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Hastings
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We spent six days in a clean, comfortable, large and well-equipped room. The staff went out of the way to make our stay pleasant and to address any problems. The breakfasts and dinner were outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reception staff were friendly and helpful, went the extra mile and offered us a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel. Room was clean and as you'd expect from a travelodge, location wise it's away from the town and the seafront, probably about 15 minute stroll to George street.

Paignton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The receptionist was lovely ....... We were directed down into the lowest floor of the building down a flight of stairs and we were told it was because it would be cooler for us. Translation - no air con... well none that we could find and it would have appreciated at 3am the following morning....

The room itself was clean and tidy, the bathroom extremely small and the shower was awful, the shower tray hardly any depth to it at all so water just splashed everywhere which we felt was dangerous.

The evening menu looked ok and after our long drive we thought we'd eat in at the Travel Lodge. The beer was flat and they apparently don't serve lager shandy in halves (I mean come on, how difficult is it to make up half pint a lager shandy?). The food took forever to arrive but it was ok (earlier the cook had been serving at reception)

The bed was better than Premier Inn's beds but the pillows were awful and uncomfortable so I didn't have a comfortable night at all.

The following morning we had an "all you can eat breakfast" .... I will tell you now, you will not go back for seconds..

The staff were pleasant and to be honest they tried their utmost with what they have been given to work with. So praise to them.

The actual stay would have been an "ok" one however, another guest was an embarrassment. He claimed to be a Tripadvisor Rep.... Really? Well if his behaviour and attitude is typical of a Tripadvisor Rep, it's shameful. He complained about the beer (to be truth my husband agreed with that one). He complained about the steak and ale pie and when the manager approached him, the "gentleman" threw his pie onto the floor claiming it was "crap"..... I have a granddaughter with more manners than that! It got him what he wanted though.... oh yes, a free drink and meal. Is this how the Rep's work? With people like this "gentleman" staying, the staff have my sympathy as this sort of behaviour from any guest is uncalled for.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Described as refurbished, the building still seems tired but the rooms are clean and adequately large. What was a delightful surprise was the service! Everyone was just so helpful and keen to help from room staff, reception and in the breakfast room. It made my stay special and I will be back for more. The only strange feature was the carpark which is subcontracted so you have to pay by using a machine. You cannot pay the hotel. I cannot believe anyone would use the carpark unless staying so why they do not just increase the room charge I do not understand.

Room Tip: Back is quietest
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed at a number of travelodges and this is by far the best. All clean, friendly and welcoming. Myself and my 2 boys were in a family room in the basement which was perfect for our needs and spacious for the 3 of us. One king bed and two single.

The food was a new menu and we were some of the first to try it. Really enjoyed it, both my boys wanted the adult food but my 5 year old did not like the stuff crust on the pizza. The children's menu did look good though.

Beryl in the bar was super. Very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was just what I expect in a travelodge, totally inoffensive and served it's purpose. It looks like you could take it back to your room if you wanted to as well.

Just all round friendly staff and fantastic service. We will be back next time we are in Hastings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No complaints about the standard of accommodation BUT the 'burger' served fro the 24 hour menu was probably the worst I have ever had- more like a crisp. Also to be charged £6 for parking is ab it much on top of the hotel fee- alternative was parking outside on the main London Road. I stayed 25/26 April 2014.
More seriously, I was daft enough to leave my laptop charger behind in Room 008, but pleased to receive a call the same morning when I was 100 miles on my road, saying to send an addressed jiffy bag and it would be posted. No mention of postal charge, but I enclosed £5 to cover this and posted it on 28 April.
Nothing arrived by May 7, so not willing to be ripped off by Travelodge's 0871 phone access (there is no email facility) I wrote to the hotel direct. Again, no reply!
In early June I wrote to HQ in Milton Keynes as per the website.
You've guessed it, again no reply.
So I lost my charger, £8 and have lost confidence in Travelodge altogether- such behaviour is inexcusable

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Hastings, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review john g. We are very sorry to learn of the poor experience you had at our hotel. The food we offer in our bar cafes is also standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present it so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations. We are also very sorry to learn of the difficulty you have had in obtaining your charger and we would like to take this opportunity to investigate this matter in more detail. In order to do so, please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our room was clean but spartan and stuffy. Car park is big but operated by the council and is unkempt and uncared for. It's also 3 Pounds for 24 hours, 24 hours of WiFi is also 3 pounds so that's six on your bill already. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The public areas are not that clean, the stairs hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in weeks! Budget price but I won't be back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Hastings? Share your experiences!