“Swiss Icecream and fresh Seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 259 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: English, French, Greek, Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: far from the madding crowd, under the cliff at the car park end of rock-a-nore road.we are known for our top quality fresh food at reasonable prices.dog & child friendly and fully licensed.free parking available nearby after 6pm.
Oberageri, Switzerland
“Swiss Icecream and fresh Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We wanted to visit the aquarium and were unfortunately a half hour too early. The undercliffe house was not now open, but we asked through a open window of the restaurant, if we might get a coffee and noticed the advertising for Swiss mövenpick icecream.

We received a warm welcome from the owner and were surprised to get a real good coffee made from fresh beans. This is not usual in England. We also asked why he has Swiss icecream and were told that quality matters.

We came later back for lunch and tried the greek burger and fish and chips. The owner went down to the fishermen's shop to get freshly caught fish. The kitchen was very clean and the food made out of fresh ingredients. It also tasted very good and the price-quality relation was excellent. We will surely go again there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St Leonards-on-Sea
“Fantastic food superb welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I first had a quick look at the menu when looking for a quick bite to eat and my first thought was that it was a little expensive. Then a plate of food went passed me on the way to a diner which looked delicious. This change my mind so I decided then that i would come back another day when not so rushed to try the food.
My brother and I decided to have a breakfast
It was great value and The Best breakfast i have had! My brother who is fussier than me when it comes to food was full of compliments for his food too.
It was perfectly cooked and presented by the owner Andy who take's great care and pride in his food.
It was so good i have been back and taken my family here.
Andy makes you feel welcome and looked after and creates a great atmospere.
I can't recomend this place enough if you havn't been you should try it and be as impressed as me.

• Visited November 2012
essex
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really wanted to like it here after reading the fab reviews but was distinctly underwhelmed. We were a party of three adults and a child. The person who served us seemed to be very under pressure and we didn't get the warmest of welcomes. As the cafe seemed full (but not manic), we were put in an area by the window which we then discovered only had a curtain to protect us from the elements (it was a chilly November day) and were rushed through to order. However, on the basis of the of the reviews we stayed. The fish was good but the gammon ordered was well done whilst the fried eggs were undercooked. As the chap serving seemed so distracted, I didn't have the heart to say anything. Anyway, to cut a long story sideways, I am hoping that I just got them on a bad day. The only saving grace is that we were going to go there for dinner and I am very glad that we chose a different venue and kept to our visit to the Undercliffe House to a simple lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips in Hastings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have been to the Undercliffe many times now, the food is great freshly cooked in front of you, many fish dishes and plenty of other options, great place for taking the family to.
Staff also are lovely.

• Visited September 2012
“Delightful lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Took my friend to lunch, knowing that he is very critical of restaurants generally. Shouldn't have worried, Andy and the staff came through with flying colours, my friend commenting, that this was the best in Hastings!