“Wonderful people, excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Bannatyne Spa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Battle Road, Hastings TN38 8EA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hastings
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful people, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had our wedding breakfast and evening reception at Bannatynes Hotel in Hastings on the 31st July 2012. It's taken me this long to write the review because I just can't find words which are strong enough to convey how wonderful the place and the staff are. Special mention to Monica Green who manages/co-ordinates events and Hannah Blackman, bar staff, both of whom made our day, and, the run up to it, the best time of our lives. The kindness they showed us, the hard work and thorough planning they put into our day was just incredible, they made us feel so welcome and so relaxed, we enjoyed the whole experience. The staff on the day were amazing - very friendly and worked incredibly hard, the food was more than we expected it to be. We had a tea party which matched everything we dreamt it would be. We cannot thank the staff at Bannatynes Hastings enough! Mr Bannatyne, once you’ve recovered (get well soon – best wishes to you) I suggest you give Monica and Hannah a personal thank you or at least a pay rise, they are the best staff in the town!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a view of the gardens.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Emma-and-Kit

Many thanks for your wonderful review following your wedding celebrations with us in July. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable day and that the tea party was everything you dreamed it would be. I have relayed your messages of thanks and appreciation to Monica and Hannah and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mark O’Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Cheltenham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hastings Hotel for two nights bed and breakfast. The hotel is looking tired and in need of refurbishment. The building itself is that of a country manor house set in private grounds. First impressions were of three ragged flags blowing in the wind and a heavily finger printed front door in need of re-painting. The reception area is spartan, however, we were dealt with quickly and efficiently by the reception staff.

The carpets and general paintwork need some attention. The room we had booked was of the general size we had expected, and whilst including bathrobes, slippers etc, reflected the general need for refurbishment previously noted. We were both a little disappointed!

There were a few deficiencies in the room, but the receptionist sorted them out very quickly once we had reported them. For example, a lampshade with no bulb and bathroom sink that needs unblocking, should have been dealt with before we occupied the room. This hotel needs some work on it's presentation.

We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but the setting is excellent. We did have a drink in the bar both evenings on our return, which we both enjoyed, at reasonable prices.

The breakfast was excellent, both in quality, service and its location in the conservatory. I have to say one of the highlights of our stay.

We also had complimentary access to the Bannatyne Leisure Centre adjacent to the hotel. We are regular gym users, and this facility is excellent. A wide range of equipment and very good spa facilities. The cafe in the Centre is excellent, as is the informative and welcoming staff on the Leisure Centre reception.

All in all an enjoyable break, but would wish some refurbishment to take place, before we would consider a return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richardsons-r-us

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us in September. I am extremely grateful for the balanced feedback and would like to assure you that many of the points raised were being dealt with prior to your review being posted.

First impressions are extremely important and as such I have ordered 3 flags to replace the existing flags which you refer to. The painting and decorating of all public areas throughout the hotel is also in hand. I am delighted that our receptionist responded to the few room deficiencies but am sorry that these were not tended to prior to your arrival.

Along with making a good first impression, I feel that it is vital that breakfast meets the expectations of our guests as it is very often the last impression they get of the hotel. With this in mind, I am delighted that you found this to be a highlight of your stay.

I am glad to see that you made use of our extensive facilities in the health club.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when I am sure you will be satisfied with the remedial action taken since your last visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We very recently got married at the hotel, we were lucky enough to have the ceremony in the summerhouse.

The reception staff were lovely, the girl at the desk at the time said I looked beautiful as I came down the stairs.

The day ran very smoothly and everyone commented on the beautiful location, the main reason for choosing Bannatyne Hotel was the gardens, the children were free to run around and also there was no danger of a road being near by.

Monica was an absolute star and was very accommodating with our wishes, even when we kept changing our guest numbers!

Marco and Mark were present on the day and made sure everything was perfect even when some of our guests decided they wanted a different starter.

Thank you to the evening staff for packing away our bits and bobs and the outstanding service that we received from start to finish.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear DaniToby

Many thanks for your fantastic review following your wedding day at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and memorable day and that Monica, Marco and the rest of the team offered outstanding service.

With best wishes for the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was a great value 2 night break (midweek). Included in the price was an afternoon tea, breakfast both mornings,a 3 course dinner one night and a treatment each. On arrival it was great that we were upgraded to a better room with sofa and tv area. The room was big and cleanish (there were a few marks on the sheets that I would have preffered not to be there and few marks on carpets) with a nice big super king bed. The toiletries in the bathroom smelled really nice! The wifi was very poor and most of the time it just kicked you out.

The weather was gorgeous when we arrived so we used the opportunity to lie on the big comfy sun beds in the garden before havin our delicious afternoon tea in the bar area. We then made use of the pool, outside jacuzzi and sauana and steam rooms. The gym and spa are in a separate building and it is also used by members but overall was a good experience. That night we took a taxi into Hastings which reception Linley arranged for us (we ate in whites steak and seafood bar which was delicious!)

The next day breakfast was great, it was buffet style but you could also order from main choice so we both had eggs benedict which was delicious. That evening we used the pool again and then went for our all over body Swedish massages which were great! We arrived a bit early so were allowed to use the relaxation room beforehand. We then were taken to the massage room where we had massages side by side - it was one of the best massages I have ever had! Sleepily we went back to hotel room and got ready for dinner, the dinner was great - scallops to start and sea bass for main and cheese selection for dessert and my boyfriend had seafood medley, sirloin steak and chocolate fondant. Good service and nice setting in conservatory overlooking the garden.

Overall a great stay and great value. The hotel is 4 star because of a few of the details such as the communal areas looking a bit scuffed and bit of tlc and this could be 5 star!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Damian R

Many thanks for your review following your recent spa break at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings. I am delighted that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade and that you found the break to be great value.

I am sorry to hear of the issues experienced with the wifi connection, had we been aware we would have happily reset the wifi which may have rectified the issue.

I am delighted that you managed to make use of our extensive facilities and manicured gardens.

I have passed your comments regarding all your dining experiences (from afternoon tea to dinner in our Conservatory Restaurant) to our Head Chef and he is extremely grateful for the excellent feedback.

We are currently in the process of decorating public areas throughout the hotel so I expect those scuffed areas mentioned to vanish.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Hastings, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

night mare told we couldnt have a room we booked a long time ago for my 60th birthday,went to see monica function manager that week she showed me the function room and said it was ours and no one else is using it. Had phone call next day to say i will have to go in conservatory which didn't want a been before gets to hot.
wasn't happy was hot day they put on aircon on then open doors and windows, invaded with wasps while eating my grandaughter got stung was a night mare and ruined my day.
spoke to monica next day and complained she said she didn't double book room so how the hell was she able to serve us all lunch and clear room for a wedding in 2 hours i hate being taken for a mug.
so DUNCAN please sort your staff out ,( one very unhappy lady)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Psargent12

Many thanks for your review following your celebration lunch. I am delighted that you gave me the opportunity to speak with you regarding your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel shortly.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spent three days here - one of the days lying on their double sunbeds sleeping in the sun in their beautiful surroundings. Undisturbed until the lunch arrived!
Excellent food, comfy beds and rooms, very friendly manager and staff asking if all OK and a large spa centre with a range of activities including two outdoor jacuzzi!!
We asked for a 'room with a view' and were rewarded with spectacular countryside views stretching to the sea and cliffs in the background.
Would suggest rooms need a dressing table and an upright chair for the desk.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris 108

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us in August. It would appear that you were lucky with the weather giving you the opportunity to relax in our beautiful gardens.

I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Excellent way to relax - my sister took me along for a Spa Break - we did not know what to expect but it was just fantastic - serene atmosphere, beautiful grounds which are very well kept and the staff were great, so polite and very accomodating - I would recommend for any occassion but especially to relax.Food excellent in the restaurant and the Spa cafe. I cannot praise it enough.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the Gardens just beautifull
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear 79Jennie

Many thanks for your amazing review following your recent spa break with your sister. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff to be polite and very accommodating.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Mark O'Reilly

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!