“Awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 876 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Now open on the beachfront – Riddle & Finns II is the sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed Riddle & Finns in The Lanes.Overlooking the beach & directly across the road from the Brighton Centre the restaurant offers the same selection of classic seafood dishes made from the freshest ingredients with the addition of some meat dishes for the non pescetarians.An al fresco terrace seats up to 40 guests while the restaurant itself seats 55, with a private dining room seating up to 10 covers, the new addition is the perfect place to enjoy a glass or two of bubbly with some freshly shucked oysters or a celebratory seafood banquet.Unlike the original Lanes restaurant the new beachfront branch does accept reservations & is available to hire for parties & corporate functions.
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had lunch here on Saturday and I am so glad that we did. We didn't have a starter as we had already looked at the menu and knew about the bread and pate covers. My friend had the fruits de mere and yes she did eat it all herself! She's not a lover of oysters so they swapped them for a few extra langoustines. I had the whole lobster which was beautiful but I should have had some chips with it. The lobster was already cracked in the right places to save me gagging about and getting in a mess.

The reasons that I have not given full
marks are: no water bowl or lobster pick given to me for the claws; waited far too long for tables to be cleared and so did one other couple next to us; very rubbish dessert menu.

Apart from the above I will defo return and highly recommend to all seafood lovers

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Unfair charge , poor taste,expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Firstly you have sit side by side. Can't sit face to each other. After u sit down they bring on bottle of table water and few slice of bread said these for you. They didn't say these are been charged. If i know I would tole him took away I don't need these. When they give you the bill. You found they charge bottle TAP water for £1, 4 slice bread for £2. Without tell you when they bring these things on. Normally if they bring on without you asking means free for you. But they charged. It means Force you to pay these things. The portion of dish is very small and expensive and horrible taste as well. Never again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“go for the fresh seafood and oysters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Enjoyable enough. I think their strength is in the seafood platters and oysters. Tuna salad was nice though the stew and fish pie was poor. My advice is steer cleae o

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
essex
“We always love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been to Riddle and Finns lots of times and we always love it. Really like the seating arrangements too. We were thinking of trying the seafront one but much prefer the look of the original one. We shared monkfish tempura, scallops with chorizo and chilli and calamari for starters and then we both had mussels for main course, I had capers and cream and my husband had chilli and ginger both of which were lovely, we had the fries on the side that you could tell were very fresh.
We shared a cheeseboard for dessert which was just enough.
Drinks selection is great, we love the black velvet there.
Our favourite restaurant in Brighton..... only niggle is the 10 percent service, I would prefer to tip in cash to ensure they receive it then you can show how happy you are with the service rather than it being forced, although as I know some people do not tip at all !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Food superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Only visited the arches restaurant (twice). Great seafood, on the expensive side. Service polite and lovely atmosphere, but timing variable - starter arrived before any drinks appeared.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere