“Won over the meat eaters!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 821 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Sissinghurst, United Kingdom
“Won over the meat eaters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I had eaten here a few years and the memory of that meal stayed with me. It was amazing. I had the chance to head back to Brighton with my teenage daughter and her dad. Both big meat eaters and both somewhat sceptical of a veggie menu. We were all impressed by the restaurant. It was warm and inviting and the staff were friendly. There was much discussion over what to order and we went for the tapas starter platter between the three of us. Wow. Just gorgeous. The staff were happy to explain what everything was and my teenager was digging in and trying things she would have normally turned her nose up at. The presentation was as good as the flavours. For my main I had the battered halloumi, which was as good as I remembered it. The crisp batter, soft salty halloumi and crisp salad went so well together and the chunky chips were great for mopping up the plate. Daughter had creamed spinach with rosti and a poached egg covered in melted cheese and cream. She polished it off with many happy noises! Bob had the curry option which was beautifully spiced but not overbearinglyhot. We were too stuffed to manage pudding ththough the lemon cake sounded delish! Daughter claimed this was the best meal she had ever eaten and Bob said it was in his top three. Terre a terre remains my number one fave restaurant despite being a 2 hour drive away. Keep up Good work!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kent. UK
“Most amazing vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my second visit to Terre a Terre, and it's was the best meal I had had for ages! Everything on the menu sounded great but I went for slow cooked aubergine and I was disappointed. This restaurant is really child friendly and the staff are lovely. I will always visit whenever in Brighton!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Vegelicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My mother and I visited this restaurant on a one off trip to Brighton and we are glad that we did!

The restaurant is homely and welcoming and the staff are amazing, the waiter who served us was friendly and knowledgable and explained the menu thoroughly.

Upon his recommendation, we opted for the tapas for two offer which came with chunky chips and wine.

The whole menu looked amazing and we wanted to try everything so the tapas was the perfect option.

The food was delicious, imaginative and beautifully presented.

The portions are very generous but we couldn't miss dessert and we chose the triple dip churros.
The churros came with a cherry compote, chocolate and molten caramel dip. I must say that this was the best dessert I have had in years
and is well worth the calories!

Terre a Terre is the best vegetarian restaurant that I have visited and is made excellent by the standard of food and the genuinely lovely, attentive and enthusiastic staff.

It's the only place to eat in Brighton in my opinion!

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well, what can I say? My friend and I went there on the recommendation of another, mutual friend, and I'm so very glad we were sent there.

Stunning three-course meal, which was well worth every penny of the £27 I paid (from the set minimum). I salivated from the moment I walked in, able to smell the foods from other, already occupied tables.

Whilst it was fairly quiet when we entered, it was absolutely packed by the time we left, about 2.30pm and, talking to one of the waiters, he'd managed to squeeze in a couple who he'd had to turn away for the past two Saturdays. Clearly very popular amongst locals and visitors alike.

Every part of my meal was delicious, well-presented and well-timed. We weren't made to feel rushed at any point during our meal; in fact, we were made to feel like old friends by the staff. Our waiter (whose name, to my utter shame, I didn't catch) was friendly, chatty and deserves more recognition than I can give him.

I utterly recommend this restaurant. If you never eat there, you've missed out on an incredible treat. In the top ten restaurants I've visited in my life.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Excellent restaurant! Would go back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Really nice atmosphere, lovely staff,food was good! My wife had the terre a Tiffin was really tasty . Lovely flavour combinations. I had Rosti Raj which was nice but a little under seasoned. We also had crunchy chips and the really great peas dish. Overall Its not really relevant that this is a veggie restaurant. The food speaks for itself. Would go back !