“Great food. Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 833 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Friendly & relaxed family run Italian Restaurant with authentic northern Italian cuisine
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food. Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I popped in for an early evening meal on a recent trip to Brighton. The service was outstanding and the food gorgeous.

• Visited March 2013

93% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Perfect meal in a perfect restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my first time here. My friend who took me had been visiting for years apparently. There is a warm friendly feel in casalingos and you feel though you could be in a warmer country in europe like Italy.
Food was brilliant and nicely presented. Wine list was good too.
I will be back with BF next time!

• Visited March 2013
Colchester
“Excellent food, eclectic clientele!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I visited here on Saturday 16 February and I must admit to being sceptical as the restaurant scene in Preston St is one we usually avoid, but as we had just been to an expensive cocktail bar - Koba first it was a departure for us. My worries were groundless, this is an excellent Italian restaurant, the food was superb and they had half litre bottles of wine which was good as we didn't want a 75cl bottle after the cocktails. I had the veal for main and we shared the wonderful home made cassata for pudding. There was a great mix of customers from the romantic couples, dull old married couples like us and a table full of guys and gals covered in tattoos! The waiter even indulged me when I tried out my newly acquired Italian language skills. Excellent value for money, excellent service in what is clearly a very popular restaurant judging by the queue for a table later in the evening.

• Visited February 2013
Brighton
“Old school Italian restaurant - excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my husband's aunts, female cousins and my mother in law, and I chose here specifically because most people usually like/can eat Italian. The best thing about this restaurant in my opinion is the fact you feel you are in an Italian restaurant run by a family. You would not be surprised to find a red wine bottle in a wicker holder in the centre of the red checked tablecloth, that kind of traditional. Love the fairy lights over the arches, take some time to read all the customer comments in the walls. I always have the Pollo Milanese, it's delicious, and the middle aged male staff made a point of being attentive and not a little flirty with my aunts who loved it. Complimentary limoncello to round off the night - why not?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Atmosphere and staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on March. Greeted by great staff, not very friendly but kind .... The restaurant was soo busy... We ordered a bottle of italian wine DOC but we didn't realised that they served another one (not great!). Starters were good (my snails were very good) but mains nothing special. Food was good but the quality could be better! The restaurant is very clean like the toilets (at the end of the night they were still sparkling). Quite expensive at the end but no bad!