“Awesome bed and delicious breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

One Broad Street Guesthouse
1 Broad St, Brighton BN2 1TJ, England   |
Ranked #12 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Awesome bed and delicious breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights in the Pier room. The room is just as advertised on the website - clean, spacious and spotless white with a partial seaview (it looks directly onto buildings but you can see the ocean to the right). We really enjoyed our stay here. Perfect location, great Kingsize bed, lovely hosts and a non-greasy breakfast. The place is close to everything including the beach, supermarkets, pubs and some great restaurants (I can't remember the name of the place, but there is a lovely little Italian restaurant nearby).

Despite the bedroom being quite roomy, I should mention that the bathroom is rather small and the shower has very low pressure. This wasn't a problem for us, but might be for some. Overall I would highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

It's very rare that you go somewhere and from the first moment you meet the owners they go out of their way to help. Parking is hard to find but Ramola got in the car and we only had to drive around the corner, where she even guided me in to a tight space! My wife chatted away to Mary and they even gave us advice on restaurants. The Italian around the corner was fantastic and the fish stew to die for!

We stayed in the Studio and it was exactly as the picture shows, clean bright and homely. The kitchen area and fridge were a bonus. The cooked breakfast was excellent on both days and Mary was an excellent hostess always making sure we had what we wanted.

We had a lovely relaxing weekend and were made to feel at home by Ramola and Mary. They even gave me a card and chocolates for my birthday. We will certainly come back again.

Maidenhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We arrived at One Broad Street at midday on a sunny Saturday; which was a bad move! On-street parking was a no-go so we ended up in the NCP car park, which is £15 per day, and it really stressed us out to be driving around searching for a spot. So my one piece of advice would be to arrive as early as you can and try and find a spot outside One Broad St. Get a permit from the guesthouse for £6 and you can leave the car there all day.

Once inside, our room was absolutely spotlessly clean and a really good size (we stayed in the Pier Room). We had a partial sea view if we looked out the right hand side window, and the bathroom was deceptively large. The bed was huge and very comfy. Tea-making facilities and fun-size chocs were a lovely addition. Ramola was honest about the noise; the guesthouse is in Kemp Town and surrounded by pubs, so if you are a light sleeper like me you will need earplugs (which are provided). I used them on Saturday night and didn't hear a thing, but my partner didn't use them and the noise went on until 5.30am! Revellry aside, the guesthouse is well-situated for the beach and town centre, and there are plenty of lovely shops and eateries to keep you occupied if you don't want to go far. Breakfast at One Broad Street was well-organised; ordering your food the day before is a nice touch as it means there is less waste and the whole experience is slicker in the morning when the dining room is full of hungry people. The food was fantastic; we had the works on Sunday and just eggs and toast on Monday. Ramola and Mary were friendly and accommodating; we eventually wangled a car parking space outside late on Sunday night and Ramola provided a permit so we could leave the car until we left on Monday lunchtime.

suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

This was my 2nd stay here, I didn't consider staying anywhere else for several reasons: it is absolutely spotless (quite rare in my experience, I've seen enough thread-like dirty carpets & thick dirt around the chipped skirting boards in other places), the beds here are so comfortable to the point that it's hard to get out of it in the morning - no lumpy mattress to contend with!, the rooms are light & modern, hot showers, chocolate in the room, thick towels..so it 's very obvious that Mary & Ramola keep high standards for their guests..they are really helpful about places to eat out locally that you may not have considered, or heard of. Parking my car was not a problem, i just paid £6 per day for a card, and Ramola found me a space in the next road..Last but not least is the breakfast - you can tell that it's high quality food..and not a spot of grease..you shouldn't leave without trying Ramola's home-made Granola, a big Yum !!. I'll be back :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Very welcoming owners and comfy rooms. The hotel is 5 minutes from both the beach and the toen centre which has great shops, bars and restaurants.
We have stayed at ONe Broad twice now, first as a couple then back with friends and we are now planning our third visit for the end of this year.
Ramola and Mary the owners were always very helpful, friendly and polite, i would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Excellent location, modern spotlessly clean room. Fried breakfast was amazing.
Ramola and Mary are the most friendly people you could wish to meet and will recommend places to eat or visit and will even book you a table if you wish.
There are alot of stairs to climb especially if you are on the 4th floor or above however dont let that put you off. Tip - try and arrive in Brighton early and you might be able to find a parking space close by.

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I was staying in the Guesthouse for almost two month and I really felt like being at home. I worked in Brighton for 2 month and the relaxing atmosphere in the guesthouse is extrodinary great. Besides the very beautiful rooms and the very nice breakfast (room) the price for what you get is unbeatable in Brighton. The guesthouse is very close to the Brighton peer and therefore in the heart of Brighton city. The owners are very obliging and just really nice people. If you have breakfast take the English breakfast and you especially the poached eggs – which are selfmade and really amazing. Love it ! Even when my friend came over to visit me several times the owners did everything to make him a comfortable stay as well. Overall : If you go to Brighton and there are rooms left – you just have to stay at “One Broad Street Guesthouse”.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to One Broad Street Guesthouse? Share your experiences!